Hi guys,
I am a 22 years old virgin, and I feel like it's a big part of my life.
I've been told by my friends that I'm good looking, that I have a good personality, that I have a good job and interesting life, and that I'm not shy with the people I already know. The list goes on, yet the fact that I never had a girlfriend (or anything even remotely close to that) is a real burden.
I have a habit of falling in loves with my friends (most of whom I had work relationships with). I find a really nice girl, start talking to her, and soon after I'm deep within the friends-zone, I have numerous attempts of me trying to break this barrier, but to no success so far - either they ignored the signs, rejected me really nicely after I gently told them, or stopped talking to be altogether.
It expresses itself in all sort of ways: I can sit in the train or bus next to an attractive woman, and think to myself how I'm going to do it this time - talk to her and get a conversation starting. But then something stops in my head and I keep thinking about what will happen if she won't won't to talk, or if she doesn't find me as attractive and just walk away. I am so afraid of being rejected again (because that's all I know so far, and it really sucks), that I end up not doing anything.
More recently, I have a really nice girl that I like, who finally doesn't really work near me. When she was in my workplace a week back, I promised I'll find something you can only get from where I work at, and once I found it I told her. I told her (via Facebook) I'll be around her workplace Sunday evening (we work on Sundays), and that I can hop by her workplace and give her that something. She proceeded to ask whether or not I'll be in a popular hangout place near her work. I said yes (and made up a story about me hanging out with my friends there) and she said that she'll be me there (luckily, I found some friends willing to go there with me). The conversation (on Facebook) went quite smoothly, and I really didn't think there was anything wrong with it - I even got her phone number so that we can find each other.
Last night I went to sleep, and started thinking about it, and somehow I convinced myself that she isn't really into me - that she was just being nice to me - and that asking her out on a date on Sunday will result in a definite refusal.
It is a never ending cycle of me liking someone, then either getting into their friends-zone, being too afraid to ask them out, or both. How do I get out of it (and specifically, asking the girl out on Sunday with a high change of acceptance?)





so...someone rejected you...so what? next and next and next...you will find the right one and that one won't reject you. don't be afraid to talk, small talk is helpful...make a girl smile...if she smiles it's good, she may be interested. don't think so much about doing it wrong...go with the flow, think positive and everything will be ok, believe me...i've seen that on my friends hundreds of times. good luck and act natural...no fear 