+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Glorified wank

Glorified wank

For men in a relationship can sex degenerate into a glorified wank from his partner's fanny?

Just a though on why relationships may start to break down

Not always... If it's sex with the wrong person, then yes.
    But if it's sex with the right person? My god, experience the fireworks again and again and again for the rest of your life because there's that emotional connection between you.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshtyke View Post
    For men in a relationship can sex degenerate into a glorified wank from his partner's fanny?

Just a though on why relationships may start to break down
    Yes, of course it can.

But then... when it's not like that, the sex is almost always mind-bending.

If you both work at keeping the magic going, if you don't take one another for granted, then it is the furthest thing from a "glorified wank."

Now if you sit on the couch all night ignoring one another and then expect her to be ready to do you when you go to bed, then you have another think coming, my friend. Flirt often, just like you did when you first met one another.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thought this would pose an interesting question. My wife and I were drifting apart after being hijacked by the humdrum of life after kids etc and this was starting to happen. But we have turned things around because the underlying love was there. Now we only have sex when it is right for both of us and it is so much more intense and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Now if you sit on the couch all night ignoring one another and then expect her to be ready to do you when you go to bed, then you have another think coming, my friend. Flirt often, just like you did when you first met one another.
    We have started flirting again with all the kisses and cuddles just like when we first met and talking more. The result is quite magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshtyke View Post
    Thought this would pose an interesting question. My wife and I were drifting apart after being hijacked by the humdrum of life after kids etc and this was starting to happen. But we have turned things around because the underlying love was there. Now we only have sex when it is right for both of us and it is so much more intense and enjoyable.
    Then congratulations, you've figured it out! My wife and I flirt several times a day, and have a date once a week. It's not a coincidence that we also have a great sex life.