+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Birthday present ideas.

Birthday present ideas.

Any ideas for a b-day present for my gf? Would i get away with flowers and chocolate?

dont give me the "you have to find out what she likes" please.

you have to find out what she likes.

I am sorry that you don't want to hear that, but the present is not about the present. It is about the thought that goes into the present. And the fact that you seem to want to get her a present without putting ANY thought into it is very telling about what you think of her. Sorry.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

its not that i dont want to put any thought in the presents, its because theres nothing that she really likes.

^ true story.

thats ridiculous... everyone likes things... you just havent been paying attention.. what do you do when you hang out?

Flower is good.... romantic
    Chocolate... if you home made this.. it will be awesome.. if not.. then don't do it..

Try to think something that you can made for her.. you don't need to do something complicated... but this will show her that you have put a lot of effort to it.....

If you can't home made anything.. just buy her something memorable or something that she will carry around for a year....

hope this helps!

Give some more info please: how old is she? what is you budget? how long have you been together?

I just want some casual ideas.

It depends on how long you two have been going out... and her age.
    Flowers are good, but I don't think you should just give her flowers and chocolate....
    Give her something which girls would like... simple gift/simle things is fine...
    Some girls like to treasure things/collect things/hold on to things and remember them.
    You don't have to spend so much on a gift although, things are expensive these days...

How to buy presents for anybody. A MM how to.

Step one - find out 3 favourites of the intended recipient. (I always start with favourite colour, especially for women. Other good favourites are gems, sports teams, types of sport, bands, animals, movies, fabrics, hobbies -eg cooking, swimming, walking)
    Step two - go shopping with these things in mind. Using these rules I have never bought a dud gift.

If that is still too hard, women that enjoy cooking will sometimes appreciate a nice kitchen gadget. Women that enjoy sports might appreciate some new clothes for sports. If she's a girly girl buy her a perfume. Seriously, gift buying isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Geez, buy her some underwear if she likes frilly underwear. Only you can choose a gift.