+ Follow This Topic

Thread: hanging out for first time in 2 months

hanging out for first time in 2 months

Alright so I had been friends for this girl for awhile (casually) and things kinda started heating up between us around the new year. We had our first kiss and kept hanging out and had a couple more, but she told me she didn't want a boyfriend right now.

Usually that's BS, but I believe her b/c she had broken up w/ her boyfriend of two years shortly before because she said she wanted more free time with her friends, and I know she really liked him. I told her once she's ready to date again I'd be very interested and she seemed to act like there'd be a pretty decent chance.

But yeah we still hung out here and there every few weeks prob. We haven't kissed since that talk (nor have i tried to) and things still seem kind of romantic between us.

Last time we hung out was right before I left for San Diego for 2 months b/c I had to do some stuff for the Navy Reserves. We had dinner and I picked up the check and she told me thanks for dinner and to let her know when I'm back in town and we'd hang out.

I didn't talk to her at all the 2 months I was gone, but have texted a little since I got back and asked her about maybe coming over for dinner next week and she said that sounded fun.

So the advice I need is kind of what I should do in this situation. My goal is basically to get into a relationship with her down the road whenever she is ready. I'm not really dwelling on it, just kind of making sure to play my cards right that way I'm an option when she's dating again. I was *thinking* about maybe trying a goodbye kiss and seeing how she reacts to it, but don't know if its the best move.

Our relationship still feels kind of romantic to me, I mean, I don't typically go out to dinner on Friday nights with my buds and pick up the check. And wow, this is getting kind of long...do you guys think I have a chance? Am I playing my cards OK? What kind of stuff should I do for this date? Thanks!

I'd also like to say it seems like the guy has to be pretty persistent to win the girl over in a lot of situations and wouldn't have ended up together if he hadn't. Yet girls say they don't really like this. What is your opinion on this ladies?