+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting Over Her

Getting Over Her

I'm new to this site, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum or I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, I've known this girl for 3 years and we've always been friends but in the past year I told her I love her.. Which I was nervous about, but I thought I should do it. To my surprise, she says she's in love with me too. But she has a boyfriend and they've been together for a few months.

Several times I've tried to get over her and move on, but it's so much more difficult than it sounds... Every time I think about her, I get heartache. I feel miserable and depressed all the time. I know I don't need this, and I want to move on but I can't. I can't even imagine dating another girl, because over the course of 3 years going for this girl, I forgot how to talk to girls... I get crazy nervous around them now. I don't know what to do...

How do I go about getting over her?
    How do I go about not being nervous around other girls?

Oh, and some more details...
    I never dated this girl.
    We've been on a couple of dates.
    I think I've waited for too long.
    The love is mutual, but I guess she loves her boyfriend more.
    Anything else you need, just ask.
    Last edited by TheOmegaJuggalo; 21-07-09 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Felt the need to add additional details

Not exactly the same case as mine, but I experienced the same heartache things.

The point is getting over her, and you shouldn't worry about finding another girl right now, because trust me, finding a replacement for you lost love is gonna only complicate your future.

I understand your feelings. You should let your heart rest for a week or two, hanging out with close friends and talking to your family. Get the feelings out so that your heart can ease up. The first day after the breakup I thought it was impossible and everything seemed like hell. I got over it a week after that with positive, healthy things on my agenda.

When you've learned to enjoy and appreciate your single life, your perfect girl would automatically come, and you don't need to search the world for her. This recovery period is important for your heart to heal, so take a break from negative thoughts, talk to people with the same problems, and take up new healthy temporary hobbies as means of escapism.

I hope that helped.

If she's in love with you, she should get free from this other guy and be with you. Why is this not happening?
    Spammer Spanker

@ Molten Steel -
    Thanks, that actually does help a lot. I'm going to stop trying so hard to find someone else and focus on relaxing for awhile... just having fun.

@ Gigabitch -
    Well, she loves him too. Funny how that works.

Get a new girl, man. It took me about 5 months if not more to realize this and just let her go (off the highest building figuratively). She will continue playing games with you if she knows you still like her. Let her suffer a little. Don't give her the satisfaction. You're creating a monster, dude, by missing her that won't stop feeding until there's no life left in you. Get a girl that doesn't play those bs games. Not worth it!