+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love.....but a tricky situation!

In love.....but a tricky situation!

Im seeing a wonderful guy......we used to be in a more committed relationship, but he slowed things to a casual relationship as he moved back in with his ex wife to care for his sons as she was mentally unstable. I dated someone else for a short period, but always remained friends with him. We have now been seeing each other again casually for about 10 months and things have been going wonderfully. He is the love of my life and we are in many ways perfect, he says he absoultley adores me, that im incrediably special and im the best company he has ever had. He says he cant commit at the moment due his circumstances in helping raise his sons and though he is not back together with his ex wife he has to be the best dad for his kids until the younger 1 finishes school in two years he is unable to committ to me till then. How do I deal with his living arrangements? and will he eventually committ? I do totally trust that he is being honest with me.

He could take full custody of the children but that may be time consuming and difficult.

He living with his ex wife is strange for your relationship. I am not sure he can commit in two years. Wouldn't he do more to show commitment? Must the relationship be casual?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe