+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sexually imcompatible

Sexually imcompatible

So, my partner and I have been intimate a couple times. I think we might be sexually incompatible. We get along in every other way and love each other. I'm just very worried, however, that since the sex isn't great that we'll eventually breakup over it. Do you guys think we just need to find our "groove" together? Any advice?
    Thanks!

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the two of you need to talk about it and work together. I hear women, never men, bitch about not being satisfied all the time. Problem is, they're bitching to their girlfriends rather than to the one person who can actually make a change. The one person who, if he's at all worth your time, should want nothing more than to listen to your advice and do the best he can to satisfy you.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How old are you? How many partners have you each had? That makes a difference to the type of advice I'd give on this one.

We're both mid-twenties and had several different partners before each other.

Like Gribble said, if you both really care about satisfying each other it's a matter of communication.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmm, well in this case it may be that you simply aren't compatible. You can try communicating & see if that improves things but if not this may be a deal-breaker for you.

Sexual incompatibility is a very real thing. Some people just can't make it work. I do believe, however, that a lot of sexual problems can be fixed with a little bit of communication and elbow grease. Keep trying, and make sure you both are saying what you want, and need during sex. At the same time, don't be afraid to end things, if it just won't work.
    there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    Sexual incompatibility is a very real thing. Some people just can't make it work. I do believe, however, that a lot of sexual problems can be fixed with a little bit of communication and elbow grease. Keep trying, and make sure you both are saying what you want, and need during sex. At the same time, don't be afraid to end things, if it just won't work.
    I agree...

BTW your sig is awesome, it took me a second to get it. lol

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I suppose I will play the devil's advocate...

You said you've only had sex a couple of times. Maybe the excitement of being with someone new is having a negative effect on his performance. I assume he is of at least average intelligence, which means he can probably learn to be better. I can't imagine throwing out a perfectly decent guy without exploring that option.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I suppose I will play the devil's advocate...

You said you've only had sex a couple of times. Maybe the excitement of being with someone new is having a negative effect on his performance. I assume he is of at least average intelligence, which means he can probably learn to be better. I can't imagine throwing out a perfectly decent guy without exploring that option.
    hmmmm.... smashing point.
    there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.