+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does physical preference really matter?

Does physical preference really matter?

Hello All,

Firstly I would just like to introduce myself as Ben from the UK near London. I’m nearly 25 and I’m seeing a girl who is nearly 27. She’s great! Probably my best friend and a great companion and we very quickly became VERY close. We have been officially together for about three months now but there’s a problem which has always been there but it’s only just starting to surface. The problem is that we don’t physically match each other perfectly. I’ve always liked small slim girls and she likes tall big men. Well she’s not very small and I’m not very big. I mean I’m about 5ft 9in and slim where as she is about 5ft 7in and slightly chubby so theres not a massive difference there. It’s that my last girl friend was 5ft 5in and very slim and I must admit had a better shape and her last boyfriend was 6ft 2in and big built which I think she prefers. I’m just worried that this might end up making us both feel insecure. Apart from this we’re great!

It will only bother you if you let it. I've seen some pretty weird, mismatched couples out there who seem perfectly happy.

My bf is only 6 feet tall and blond, which is nowhere near my type, but the way I feel about him makes that a non-issue.
    Spammer Spanker

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All that should matter is how YOU feel about her. Not what other people think when it comes to your pairing up. Sometimes personality wins over physical appearance.

At least you are taller then her! Thats a bonus.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So Aegis, your saying that right now the physical appearance doesn't matter but later on he might take a good look at her and realize thats not normally what he goes after and it might change how he feels about her?

Personally, I have been attracted to all different types. I have dated shorter guys, taller guys, guys who were of different religions of me, etc. All I did was go with the flow and saw where things went. Just becuz my ex who was shorter then me cheated on me, doesn't mean I will completely rule out shorter guys in the future. Nor will the fact that a guy who was taller then me was a druggie/used me....make me think differently of taller guys.

I think this guy should just go with the flow and see what happens. As long as he enjoys being with her and is attracted, then the rest shouldn't matter.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....