+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Still attracted to an ex?

Still attracted to an ex?

Hi all!
    I'm having a dilemma. My ex and I broke up 6 months ago, and I would never want him back because he's superficial, selfish and disrespectful towards women. BUT, I still have to run into him every now and then at school. And everytime he's in the room, I can't take my eyes off him and I want to be close to him. I think its purely physical. A LOTTTT of girls feel this way about him. It's really embarassing, because he'll catch me looking at him all the time. And I get very sad when we go our separate ways after the encounter. I always hope I run into him, even though I logically know I can never be with a guy like him and stay happy. Is this just purely physical, or am I still in love with my ex? I don't appreciate him as a human being at all..I just want to fool around with him SOOOOO bad everytime I see him. I don't think he feels the same way about me. We still keep in touch about school and our careers...but the texts are very dry and not that frequent. I hate that he has this power over me!!! Its turning into a problem because I crave his body everytime I see him, like an addiction, and its hard to get him out of my mind and focus on work. It may be because I'm not dating anyone else right now. Does anyone else have this problem??

-Hope
    Last edited by hope555; 07-05-11 at 09:16 AM.

It ain't love, it's lust.

Pinning for someone who I KNOW doesn't feel the same way about me is never going to happen to me. Maybe yes if I am not sure what he feels but definitely no if he is with someone AND I KNOW he doesn't feel the same way about me. I am just a too proud person. So much so, whatever feeling I may have had just goes off like nanoseconds right after he's with or chasing afer someone else.

Pretty sure it is just lust, but it makes you do crazy things..its the reason we both "stay in touch". Its the only reason I can't stop thinking about him. When we first started going out, it was basically because we were ridiculously attracted to each other. We couldn't stop looking at each other at meetings, then started talking, and then dating for about a year. Not sure if this is too much info, but partly why we broke may possibly be because I was a virgin, and he didn't really know how to fit his big thing into a virgin..so we had trouble having sex...and he sort of gave up. Now he has another pretty girl 6 years younger than him that he is dating..not sure if it is serious or not, but they're def having sex. So he's probably not attracted to me anymore because he's getting it from someone else now and she's what is on his mind. I wish I was that proud that I could lose ALL feelings for him now that we're broken up. Its frustrating that I'm angry at him, and can't stand his personality..but can't stop thinking about him!! Ugh!!!! And its not easy to replace him with another handsome guy...like what he did to me with this new girl...because I won't date a boy 6 years younger than me. Plus, most of the hot guys my age are taken or just losers. If i fool around, I want it to be a relationship...which I'm picky about. What should I do??