+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my ex now fancies my best friend....:( and I still love her....What do I do?!

my ex now fancies my best friend....:( and I still love her....What do I do?!

my ex has just told me she fancies my best m8. Her fancies her 2! They are always together and it hurts so much seeing them 2gether...and I dont think I can take seeing them together...what do I do? Im still really good friends wiv my ex and she asked me if it was ok 4 her to d8 him and I said u dont have to ask me...im behind you 100% whatever you do. and she said thanx for that...but i was lying...i want to move on from her but i cant! My heart is still broken....what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by IluvAnna2004
    what should I do?

Get a new best friend. Or more appropriately, a REAL best friend.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Weeelll.....that kind of depends.

I dated my best friend's ex once. They only dated for about a month or so, and the entire time they were always bitching and moaning at each other. When we were together, it was a totally different scenerio. Sometimes, people just arent meant to be. At the beginning of it all, I talked to my best friend and told him how I felt. I how REALLY felt.

im behind you 100% whatever you do. and she said thanx for that...but i was lying...
    I hate to say it, but this is your fault for not being honest with her. The only way you are going to feel any better about this situation is if you tell her, AND your best friend how you TRULY feel about the situation. Dont be afraid of hurting anyone's feelings, just be straight up honest with the both of them.

Should you try to hate your friend or dislike her because of this? No. Unless they are doing it for some sick reason to get back at you, there is nothing you can do about this situation. It IS perfectly normal to be jealous of them, but remember this rule about dating and relationships:

You should be friends first.

If you cant still be friends with both of them, regardless of who they are dating or what they are doing, then maybe you arent being the friend you should be.

Whatever happened to the unwritten rule in the guy's handbook - NEVER DATE A FRIENDS EX??

I would never consider dating a friends ex, and I would expect that any friend of mine would not consider dating an ex of mine.

Of course, the five year rule applies, but even then, ONLY with the friends permission BEFORE you date her.

That being said, I stand by my initial comment. Get a new friend.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

That unwritten "rule" was most likely conceived by immature children who don’t have a clue about communication.

If you talk to your friend, and he is genuine when he tells you it doesn’t bother him, that he is done with her, and has moved on, why would it matter...?

If they never loved each other, and he and her are both unsure of why they dated in the first place, whose stepping on who?

Explain that one....

If he really is your best friend, he won't talk about her in front of you. Let her know that it's not alright, that you don't want her to. If he stops being your friend and she gets pissed, then you'll have your answers. I personally would never date a best friends ex

"Don't let your memories kill you"
    I express my emotion by shooting things....

Im with Iron

Friends are always more important. A good friend is there forever, most partners aren't.