+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So confused!!!!

So confused!!!!

So, my boyfriend is working out of town right now, he's supposed to be back in about two weeks and we are to move in together. Last night we were talking about sex and it somehow came up (this has come up before), that I had made out with other women, and that if we weren't together I might still. Basically he said would you have a threesome for me, and I said no, it would ruin our relationship, then he was like, well, would you kiss another woman? And my response is not while we're together (he's extremly jealous!). So, then he totally hit the roof!!!! He has been freaking out since yesterday because he now feels that I am a totally different person than he thought I was and it's suddenly against his morals to marry a woman who 'is in to other women'!!! I am not into women to the point that I would date one, but we are quite nice to look at and I feel there is nothing wrong with that.
    Anyway, to the point, my question is: is this a normal thing for a man to freak out about?? I am completly shocked by this whole thing and have no idea what to think!!

Thanks so much for any info anyone could give me on this, I am seriously at a loss!

It probably has more to do with his extreme jealousy than his moral outrage. Now he has to worry about twice as many people hitting on his girlfriend. Extremely jealous guys are really saying one of two things about the girl they are with: 1) they think she is a slut; or 2) they think she is powerless to remain committed to her relationship if a cute guy hits on her. Why on earth would you want to be with someone who holds you in such low regard?

Carl.

Thanks Carl, that is a wonderful question that I have been asking myself a lot lately! I think that's why I need some reassurance that this is a weird reaction, because I'm pretty much at the end of my rope with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat14 View Post
    So, my boyfriend is working out of town right now, he's supposed to be back in about two weeks and we are to move in together. Last night we were talking about sex and it somehow came up (this has come up before), that I had made out with other women, and that if we weren't together I might still. Basically he said would you have a threesome for me, and I said no, it would ruin our relationship, then he was like, well, would you kiss another woman? And my response is not while we're together (he's extremly jealous!). So, then he totally hit the roof!!!! He has been freaking out since yesterday because he now feels that I am a totally different person than he thought I was and it's suddenly against his morals to marry a woman who 'is in to other women'!!! I am not into women to the point that I would date one, but we are quite nice to look at and I feel there is nothing wrong with that.
    Anyway, to the point, my question is: is this a normal thing for a man to freak out about?? I am completly shocked by this whole thing and have no idea what to think!!

Thanks so much for any info anyone could give me on this, I am seriously at a loss!
    End the relationship, it won't last and your not together. (No offense) I'm with him on this one.

I wouldn't want to be with a girl who plays ball and goes fishing. Make up your mind.

How are you shocked about the whole thing? You like males and females. That isn't shocking to you? You obviously don't know what you want and he see's that...Therefore, he keeps addressing the situation because he doesn't want to get into something serious with a girl who may end up deep sea diving...

he's just jealous, chill out

Quote Originally Posted by someguy1984 View Post
    End the relationship, it won't last and your not together. (No offense)
    What do you mean with the your not together? He's back in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy1984 View Post
    I wouldn't want to be with a girl who plays ball and goes fishing. Make up your mind.
    Obviously you didn't really read my original post. I am not into women in the sense of dating them or sleeping with them, I think they look nice and yes I have kissed them in the past, but my mind is made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat14 View Post

Obviously you didn't really read my original post. I am not into women in the sense of dating them or sleeping with them, I think they look nice and yes I have kissed them in the past, but my mind is made up.
    I read it fine, just simply don't agree...No offense...

If i had a guy friend who sucked another guys d*ck, or made out with another guy, he would never be heterosexual again. (In my opinion of course) This is just how I would particularly feel...Is it wrong? Sure...Still doesn't change my view on the situation.

I would simply date someone else, or if i was him, never would have started in the first place...

Why would he freak out on that? In the first place, MOST men would love to see women kissing right? And if he knows you THAT well, he's supposed to believe whatever you say. Just tell him that there's nothing to worry about because you love him so much and you can't wait to see him again.

It's no bid deal, many women do it for the experience that's it, and his overeacting but I have to say, it's not enough to leave him though, he may just be struggling to deal with it and may have alot to do with his morals and beliefs, tell him you were just experimenting and that that part of your life is long gone and you would never want to kiss another person ever again, he may be jealous but he loves you and that's what counts but don't let him stomp over you also, he shouldn't be giving you a hard time about this more than he has!
    Live your life to the fullest and let the regrets of today be lessons for tomorrow