+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Starting over with the same girl...HELP!

Starting over with the same girl...HELP!

My girlfriend and I of 4 and half years took a break for about 4 months to evaluate things, and we both agreed that we want to give it another shot. At first, I was really excited. Like, I could barely sleep that first night. We told each other we loved each other for the first few days, but then I asked her if she felt comfortable saying "I love you" and she said she wasn't sure. Though, she wants me to know that she does love me. We hug and kiss, and we've been hanging out quite a bit since we got back together.

We said that we can't go down the same road we went down last time or else we'll break up again. I also realize that we can't just jump right back into a relationship again, so maybe the "i love you's" should wait? I mean, I'm confident when I tell her I love her and have no problem looking her in eyes and telling her that.

Shes really hard to read, and I think she's just nervous. I told her though that she broke my heart the first time, and I'm nervous about it happening again... but that's a chance i'm willing to take.

So, I guess my problem is that I don't know what to do or say now that we're "starting over"...

I really need some help on this one ladies.

Thanks!

Either you're starting the relationship over again from square one, (which means no I love you crap) or you're picking up the relationship where it left off, including all of its problems, complications, and arguments that caused you to split up in the first place.

Which is it?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by ArBR82 View Post

I really need some help on this one ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Either you're starting the relationship over again from square one, (which means no I love you crap) or you're picking up the relationship where it left off, including all of its problems, complications, and arguments that caused you to split up in the first place.

Which is it?
    ha ha, just saying.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    ha ha, just saying.
    Girlfriend puh-lease!
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

I think the only way you can truly start over is to sustain twin terrible head injuries that cause you both to forget everything that ever happened in the 4.5 years you were together.

Unlikely.

Deal with your crap. Don't conspire together to sweep it under the rug.
    Spammer Spanker