+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my conclusion right?

Is my conclusion right?

Ok I was still receiving text messages daily after work from a guy I like at work. It has been going on for months. They have started to become quite suggestive and cheeky. We don't communicate much at work. I have only been out very casually with him 3 times, where nothing has happened ( a hug goodbye), yet the daily texts continued.
    When I iniatiate going out, he either doesn't reply or is usually busy
    (excuse or genuine I'm not sure). He does act very nervous around me at work He has never talked about his feelings for me or about me except last week when he said to me on the phone "I make his day when he sees me at work". I actually didn't hear him the 1st time he said so had to get him to repeat it. He sounded extremely uncomfortable the 2nd time he said it. I guess it was difficult for him to say that?
    Anyway since then it's like he has backed off completely. He doesn't send texts or answer if I ring. I really like the guy but I don't know what he wants???
    Surely if he did really like me ( as in wants to maybe pursue a relationship ) something would have happened by now or he would jump at the chance to go out?
    SO I've come to the conclusion he is only interested in a text relationship on his terms but what would he be getting out of it?
    Or is he so shy that he can't initiate anything and is waiting for me? Whats with the cheeky texts if they don't amount to anything?
    Any clues anyone?

Get rid of the immature player. You're gona get hurt.

Find yourself someone with a bit more respect for women and who doesn't play games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I fully agree.

NO! I completely disagree, he might be shy, as when you said

"I actually didn't hear him the 1st time he said so had to get him to repeat it. He sounded extremely uncomfortable the 2nd time he said it. I guess it was difficult for him to say that?"

If you had to ask him to repeat what he had said, he may feel uncomfotble as to your reaction? Trust me, I have been in this situation before and it has put me of before now, if you really do like him, try explaining?
    Cheers, Olie843.

Technology can really help you get around shyness. Someone who is shy in person or on the phone can be a real extrovert with texts and IMs.

Keep trying if you like, but if he's hiding something then I wouldn't worry about him anymore.