+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbyes

Goodbyes

I'm writing my goodbye to my Ex right now. Just 5 days from now and she will be gone. I can't even express how hard it is to write something like this, but I know if I dont write it down, I might forget something. This might be my last chance to say what I want to say. For the most part, I'm ready to move on, but that doesnt make it any easier. She will always be in my heart.
    Last edited by TAVS; 20-09-05 at 11:56 AM.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I feel ya bro.....

Were is she goin?

She's moving back home to 'get grounded.' It's basically a 4hr drive from here but that's irrelevant since we've broken up. I'm done working on the letter for the night so I'm better now. I'll pick it up again tomorrow night; it's a work in progress. You're new here, or you'd know this is just the end of a 4-month struggle. When you get to this point, it still hurts but in a way its better than living in limbo.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Where's she moving? If Minnesota, gimme her number.

Quote Originally Posted by Chreeeeeestoh
    Where's she moving? If Minnesota, gimme her number.
    I just looked back over your posts so far. Do you ever say anything useful? No. Get a life.

Don't put anything in the letter that you may regret in the future. You can always take back words, at least to some extent, but if its in writing, it can't be taken back.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I just looked back over your posts so far. Do you ever say anything useful? No. Get a life.
    This is a website dedicated to love. Give me a break! Even Elijah Woods fanclubs serve a better purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by gHEXjt
    Don't put anything in the letter that you may regret in the future. You can always take back words, at least to some extent, but if its in writing, it can't be taken back.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm writing this in a positive note. Although I dont like the way she's handling things, I've come to an understanding and I've accepted her decision. If this is what she needs to do, who am I to stop her? There wont be any negative vibes in this one.

That's cool. I had just been told a story by a family member that they sent a note with some nasty shit in it after a break up. Then when they decided they wanted to get back together, the person who'd previously been begging wouldn't take them back anymore because of some things they wrote.

Tone Guest
    How do I.... say goodbye... to what... we had?

The good times... that made us laugh.. outweigh the bad...

I thought we'd get... to see forever
    But forever's gone away
    It's just so hard... to say goodbye... to yesterday...

I don't know... where this road... is going.. to lead..
    All I know.. is where we've been... and what we've been through..

If we get... to see tomorrow.. I hope it's.. worth all.. the wait..
    It's so hard... to say goodbye.. to yesterday..

And I'll take... with me the memories... to be my sunshine after the rain...

It's just so hard...

to say goodbye...

to... yesterdayyyyy...

Be careful with that note, TAVS. In a year or two when this is all over, you may regret or be embarrassed by even the kind words you write to her now...

How so Shh? How could one regret kind words? And embarassment? Because I cared for someone?

Tone Guest
    Because once you wake up and stop being a doormat (as Lloyd put it) and you move on, you just might regret some of the things you say.

All she's saying is just be careful.

I wrote a nice good-bye note once, and I kind of regret it now, that's all. All of that emotion permanently recorded... Ah, but maybe you are different. I am sure you will do what is right for you, TAVS.

I still dont get it. There's more important things to regret than what I say to someone I care about. Even if I wake up one morning and say to myself, 'I'm an idiot, what was I thinking with this girl" Why would I regret saying differently? What harm is it going to cause me at that point? Worse case scenario, she calls up one day wanting to get back together and I have to say, "I'm sorry, but things have changed, I'm not interested." Easy as that. I really can't comprehend regretting a positive goodbye. *shrug*

Edit: Just saw Shh's Post. Still a bit confused, but no big deal. I'm an open book, I dont hide feelings from anyone. Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast