+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it possible to repair relationship after cheating?

Is it possible to repair relationship after cheating?

Two years ago, I had met my current boyfriend for less than a month by this time. I had also gotten sexually involved with another man not once, but twice. This was the worst mistake of my llife. I told this other man that I didn't want to see him again, and I told him... four months later. I never gave him the details, I just let him know that I had been with someone else, but not how many times, who it was, etc., and that I made sure that I was not communicating with this other man any longer.

Two years later, I still noticed the overprotective, jealousy side effects, and I realized that trust had never been regained. So last night I asked, "Do you need you know about that night?" He told me 'yes', which I knew he would, because he deserved to know. I told him who this guy was, that we had been together twice, and what exactly we did. He was so crushed as if it hadn't even been two years since this had happened. He was upset that I had mentioned this guy on and off as if we were still friends to cover anything suspicious, that I didn't want to do anything with this man but "I didn't want to be mean", and that maybe I might be more of a "slut" than he thinks.

I can't express how regretful I am, that I had the opportunity for a lifelong relationship, and that I'm the one who chose the fate of our relationship. I feel that hiding the details was "not telling the whole truth", in other words, lying to him for years. I worry that maybe all of his trust was never there, and may be can never be repaired because I let this go on for so long.

I want to know how some of you feel being from the third perspective? Maybe you've cheated or have been cheated on and what was the outcome of it?

im not sure of course how your boyfriend feels but maybe you should let him know how regretful you really and explain why it happened and that it wont happen again... i think a nice talk is the best thing to do, i know sounds easy but most likely isnt... good luck!

He will NEVER be able to fully trust you again. And when there is no trust, you have nothing.