+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice? (posted in ask a male but no response)

advice? (posted in ask a male but no response)

I met a guy about a month ago at a friend's house. We live about 4 hours apart, but we talk through IM pretty often. It's always friendly chit chat, though. We're both nerds, so it tends to be about video games, movies, music, books, comics, etc. The other day we talked about how we have similar situations romantically right now (He wants his ex back, but she's made it obvious that isn't going to happen.) That's the most personal thing we've talked about so far, and when he got offline (4 hours later) he thanked me for talking to him about things as he doesn't normally get to vent about that kind of thing with his friends. I'm starting to really like the guy, but I don't know how to show him I'm interested when we rarely see each other. I'm not very good with flirting and making my intentions known without being blunt, and it's even harder through text. Should I even try? I mean, he nor I are over our previous relationships (but I'm more than happy to move on, myself). Neither of us have the money to go visit one another very often at all. He just graduated with his master's in mechanical engineering but can't find a job, and I'm a broke college student. He's the first person since my last relationship (that lasted 4 years, and I'm only 22) that I could see myself wanting to be with. So I guess my questions are as follows:

1) Is it worth the effort?
    2) Am I already too far into the friend zone?
    3) If no and yes, respectfully, to the last questions should I just carry on as friends or give up on it entirely?

Eeeeee! So I just gave him my phone number in an email because I won't have internet in a week, and even though he's at work (I know I said he can't find a job, but I meant he can't find one in his field. He works at a pizza place part time) he texted me within an hour of me sending it to say "Hi". Is that a good sign? Like I said this seems so new to me. I've only been in one real relationship, and I didn't really have to work for it. Sorry if it's silly to get excited over a text. :S

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    first off, you're not really in the friend's zone yet. secondly, what have you got to loose?? nothing right?? thirdly, when it comes to flirting, just tell him that you want to see him and tell him stuff like he's cute. he'll get the hint and it goes good, then you'll know that he's interested too.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...