+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It's been a year since I saw my ex, until last week, never got over her, im confused

It's been a year since I saw my ex, until last week, never got over her, im confused

Hi, I rarely post in this board, but I hope you guys can help me out with some good advice...

So it's been a year since I've seen my ex-girlfriend, who is my very first love...and I've never felt so 'floaty' around any other girl in my life (maybe because she's my first?)...I tried to talking to other girls, but I am not as attracted to them like I was to my ex-girl...

So I recently saw my ex last week and right when we made eye contact, I instantly started to get all my feelings back for her...but I don't know if she feels the same way about me...She said she doesn't have a boyfriend, so I figured should I try again? BUT The problem is that I can get so emotionally attached to her, that I am SO SCARED to begin talking to her again...I'm frightened that I might get my heart broken again...I am so confused on what to do? Would it be a good idea to just ignore her?, or should I try again? Cause in the back of mind, my subconcious tells me that this relationship can never happen again...And my friends keep on telling me not to deal with her, hmm?, please help thank you!

I need more background- how did your heart get broken? Was it just because it didn't work out or was she mean to you?
    Spammer Spanker

No, she wasn’t mean to me at all. At times, I believe I loved her more than she did me because she‘s a girl who likes attention, so I’m cautious on whether she’s going to be worth my time or not…on top of that, were not even compatible, but yet we connect so well when we talk.

but back when we were going out, she was more like a friend I never had, it was like a secret psychological release for me with her, telling her stuff I never told anyone, not even my best friends!…this was so relieving for me…but the problem about me was that I became so emotionally attached that at the end of the relationship, my nervousness of me losing her made the relationship sour and weird, so she wanted to end it…When it ended, I was so heart broken because I realized that I didn’t have that ‘special’ type of person in my life anymore, and I can’t even explain the reasons I STILL like her so much…and since were back in each other’s lives again, I’m froze on what to do next…??? Is there something wrong with me in relationships?

Why not just talk to her and then make the decision? If things go well, try doing something fun and casual. If anxiety or stress is an issue, do something to get the tension out of your body (exercise and laughter are two fantastic ones) before you go out.

I don't think there is anything wrong with you in relationships. This is a problem some guys encounter.

…but the problem about me was that I became so emotionally attached that at the end of the relationship, my nervousness of me losing her made the relationship sour and weird
    Just try and avoid getting into this sort of situation in the future. It's a form of psychological leaning-basing your emotional state on someone else. You won't find many people that tolerate it very well.

If you are still hearing your inner voice expressing doubts after you have talked to her/gone out, it might be best to look elsewhere.

Man, you seem to be deeply in love with that girl! I still don't know what made you break up with her in the first place, unless that I really think that you should make things up with her.
    Last edited by A-GAME; 18-02-07 at 06:10 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many people I know seem to believe that everyone has a soulmate that they're not ever supposed to be with.

Maybe you're one of those two or maybe it's one of those situation when you really want something that you just shouldn't have.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by artyemi View Post
    Many people I know seem to believe that everyone has a soulmate that they're not ever supposed to be with.
    That is such a cool idea! That explains getting my heart broken in 1994.
    Spammer Spanker