+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Think I Destroyed Our Relationship, I need advice

I Think I Destroyed Our Relationship, I need advice

So my girlfriend and I have been living together for a few months now after dating for over a year. I really love her but I have communication problems because neither one of us communicate to each other sometimes until it turns into a big back and forth argument and we dont talk to each other.

This past week, she has been having family problems and I have been there for her, supporting her, kissing her on the cheek when shes mad but she has been cold to me. I got no form of affection from her, no kisses back on the cheek, no hugs, nothing and she kissed her dog 100% more then me. I put up with it through Friday and I just messed up. I went to craigslist in the casual encounter section and replied to someone on their because I needed to feel wanted. The person and I communicated but I never did anything with it. I just wanted to feel that Im valuable to someone in the world. I am a proud guy but I had really low self esteem this past week. She read the email and invited her friend to spend the weekend with her to support her which I did not understand until now. Ive apologized to her but she says she can't trust me anymore even though I did not do any physical cheating on her and I now after sitting on it for 2 days completely understand.

We spoke some this morning, and she made me breakfast but I do not know what to do. I wrote her a letter yesterday apologizing and agreeing that I understood how she was feeling. I gave it to her. I want to know if there is any way to rebuild the trust that I lost

You may have destroyed it, but you didn't do it alone.

You've both got issues. Several of them, from what I can tell from your post.

Quote Originally Posted by stylez View Post
    I want to know if there is any way to rebuild the trust that I lost
    Ask her. Only she knows what she needs from you in order to trust you again.

Personally, I don't buy your story that you felt so unloved after only a week that you felt the need to be validated by someone else. I would assume perusing Craigslist's seedy casual encounters section is something you've been doing for a while. You just happened to get caught while your girlfriend was going through some rough times so you had an easy excuse. Your girlfriend is probably thinking this as well.

It can take an eternity to build up trust, but one incident to completely tear it down. I don't think you can regain lost trust, because there will always be scars.

Your best bet is to move on.

Going looking for female company and after a week of troubles?

Is that how you figure problems are sorted? By going chatting to other females online?

Let me tell you this...she will NEVER trust you again.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So she had problems and because you werent centre of her attention for a week, you went looking elsewhere?? Jeeez.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.