+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Romance is so over-rated

Romance is so over-rated

Bleh. Sometimes I get so caught up in the idea of romance and love that I find it's become and invitation for more pain. It's not fun, even when you're "happy" (whatever that means) and in love it's still a lot of work. Is it wrong for me to think that I don't want to deal with it anymore and just have a good time, hook up, but not get serious?

My cousins have all given me the "that will only last so long" and "it can never fill the whole in your heart" speeches, but honestly I think all that is a load of bull; it's all in your head. If you want to have a good time with guys and not get serious, you can do it without ever getting attached. You grow up thinking relationships and committment is the natural routine of things and that flings are "wrong" but that's just a "mom and pop" way of keeping you inline with society.

Looks like this thread has turned into less of a "I need advice" thread and more of a rant from someone who seems pissed and hurt, doesn't it? Sigh* I've resigned to it. I'm going to have fun. . .can't deal with the heart-attack that is "love."
    I'm my own damn hero because the only person saving me is me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm down.
    ________

Can't prevent the hormones from doing what they are doing, nor can one prevent the brain from firing them chemicals that give you all those whooshy feelings.

So.. good luck with that. Once the brain chemistry kicks in, all your logic goes down the drain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    good luck with that. Once the brain chemistry kicks in, all your logic goes down the drain
    You're on the same page as my family. Bleh. . . I don't know. It just gets to a point where you're like "**** it" ya know. =\

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kjb is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DelicateRose88 View Post
    You're on the same page as my family. Bleh. . . I don't know. It just gets to a point where you're like "**** it" ya know. =
    This is EXACTLY how im feeling and have been feeling for several weeks now. **** it! I just dont care right now. Been hurt too much, just dont wanna worry about relationships.

I don't think relations with the opposite sex can be fun without romance. I think the ones who want serious relationships right away are the ones that are focused on material things instead of love. Love is developed slowly, not something you can declare right away by stating you want a serious relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by kjb View Post
    This is EXACTLY how im feeling and have been feeling for several weeks now. **** it! I just dont care right now. Been hurt too much, just dont wanna worry about relationships.
    Ugh, exactly!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Romance is as essential as having a date. Those who don't agree still need to discover..

Quote Originally Posted by DelicateRose88 View Post
    You're on the same page as my family. Bleh. . . I don't know. It just gets to a point where you're like "**** it" ya know. =
    Hahahaha.. You're still young.. eventualy you'll get it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]