+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend won't change facebook relationship status

Girlfriend won't change facebook relationship status

We've been together nearly 2 months and everything is fine and get on great except one small thing .

We when started going out she said she would rather not display our relationship on Facebook as She didn't want anyone interfering n **** like that. I thought about it and agreed.

Well the other I went through her photos on facebook and found some of her Ex still there ( haven't confronted her about this, don't know if I should) kinda bothered me a bit . I also remember her going through her phone and looking at photos with me then bam but into photos of her ex yet again and said ' I really need to delete some photos on here' but dunno of she did .

I also know she has a few of guys facebook messaging and she asked if it bothered me and I told her no.sometimes she shows who messages her. Surely the sensible thing her to do what be to put 'in a relationship with me' to stop these pricks messaging her constant. Or to just delete the whole god dam facebook.

Like I say I haven't mentioned anything yet but do I sound reasonable or am I overreacting ? Is just because off all the small things that add up n i begin to make up stories in my head

Been on other forums and most guys telling me to dump her because they think she's a sl*t.

Don't think we should split because everything else in the relationship is there, great sex, affection , do loads of stuff together, no sign of cheating, quite open with her phone , doesn't hide it or sheet like that and like I said all our family n friends know about us.

Was thinkin about doing a test. Either commenting on her page saying ' I love you' and see if she reciprocates. That will give me some sort of idea of where we r at

Maybe I'm just too old....but I think you're making mountains out of molehills.

I still have all my old photo albums - which happen include boyfriends going back for decades. And a two month young relationship hardly needs to be declared on FB....

Suggest you chill out.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Photos don't bother me as much just thought I tell the full story. Fact is it feels as tough she is hiding our relationship from some1 . Possibly some1 that's messaging her?

Maybe just likes th attention from the guys messaging her and doesn't want that to go away.

Isn't there a teeny bopper sections of this forum you can ask this questions? How old are you? Geez...you you like an insecure prick

I'm not a fan of displaying my relationship status early on, simply because I don't want to deal with a bunch of comments and what not if we break up. If she insists down the line, no problem.

Have you met her friends? Her reason sounds like bullshit, and I would agree she is probably trying to hide the relationship from someone. Tell her you're going to keep seeing other girls until she changes it.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 11-05-13 at 12:50 AM.

I think that you should unfriend her.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

My sis was together with a guy for two years and he never changed pictures of his ex in his profile. Althought my sis had pictures of him. In the end he proved dickhead.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    I think that you should unfriend her.
    Dont think she will notice. Better still dont use FB at all and concentrate on real life interaction. Like meeting parents, friends.. Basicaly integrate in her world and integrate her in yours. Maybe even syart to live together.
    Theres much more in real life events where FB wont help.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

My GF is on Facebook. I'm not even listed as being friends with her. Do I worry about this? No, of course not.

We're not of the facebook generation. One's "status" apparently is a huge deal to the young whipper-snappers.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    We're not of the facebook generation. One's "status" apparently is a huge deal to the young whipper-snappers.
    It's good for a laugh though. I changed my status to 'married' and two people sent me their congratulations!!!

I think its stupid to get worked up over facebook status, but I understand where people are coming from. If a girl(or guy) posts her whole goddamn life in real time everyday on facebook, complete with pictures of each meal and her math quiz that she failed, but won't add something as 'important' as your relationship...it's kinda shady.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    It's good for a laugh though. I changed my status to 'married' and two people sent me their congratulations!!!
    You're such a brat...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by The NorthDragon View Post
    Don't think we should split because everything else in the relationship is there, great sex, affection , do loads of stuff together, no sign of cheating, quite open with her phone , doesn't hide it or sheet like that and like I said all our family n friends know about us.
    Obviously, by wondering if she's hiding a relationship from someone, you're suspecting her of having an emotional affair. So, let's just nail that coffin closed right now.

OP, I used to really care about Facebook relationship statuses, too.....in the 8th and 9th grade. But you know what? I got over it. I suggest you do too.

Really, it's just a social network site. It's not like she's your wife hiding her wedding ring. Not to mention, you've only been together for two months. That's really not that long at all. I'll admit that in the past my 3rd boyfriend and I became friends on Facebook, but we agreed on not disclosing our relationship on there because I have many family members tied to my Facebook and did not want the grief of dealing with them prying to find out who, what, etc etc (all the details). And I thought that was a big deal at the time....but it wasn't, really. My last boyfriend and I weren't even friends on Facebook, much less did we ever disclose our relationship on there. So, like I said before, you're really worrying about nothing. I would be more concerned about if she's ignoring you entirely and creating an online dating profile.

You need to trust her.

I totally see where you are coming with this.

Facebook is a big thing in relationships nowadays, it's a fact. I can understand how you feel too.

My advise is, at the moment, you shouldn't worry too much. You've only been together a couple months, as things progress, then things on facebook should change.

What is her status currently?

For now, relax abit. But if she still hasn't changed things in another couple months then you can stress out, but don't start building stories in your head. It's very bad for you!

Keep tagging photos of you two together on facebook, making sure people get the message that shes yours.
    Last edited by olb30; 11-05-13 at 04:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast