+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Terrified

Terrified

my fiance just recently called of our engagement. We have been going for 8 years and engaged for 2 months and she has been exited and anxious to get married. We have both dreamed of starting a family ,but we have been trying for 2 years and luck. To make this short and simple she says she doesn't feel what she used to anymore and cant see us moving on. I know why she feels like this but she keeps making excuses. Over the past few years I have stressed about financial problems and brought her down with me i thought we were doing good, but she hid her feelings bottling up everyday. She doesn't want to try anymore and i understand how frustrating it feels i agree, but i truly believe we belong together and we can get past this. My only mistake was the stress i showed her because of all the financial trouble we have had. Adding to that getting pregnant was difficult and she keeps seeing the future slip away. I don't know what to do anymore to convince her that everything will be okay, I love her so much,but Shes losing hope and iam trying to be strong for the both of us. please help!

It sometimes happen that we go though a period of life being really crap and nothing working the way we want.
    These times are very testing for a realtionship. It can break a long term couple very quickly depending on the attitude of the two people involved.

Sometimes it feels that being with the other person is the source of all problems. But it usually is not.

Just a bad patch when sometimes we need some alone time. After 8 years it's easy to get lazy and want out. Buty usually after sometime apart we miss the other half.

If things rock bottom what don't you take sometime apart to find out what you want and who you are.

Be reassuring to your partner that it's a time of self discovery but it doesn't mean that all is gloomy.

calling off the engagement was however a very brave thing to do rather than lying to your partner about your feelings.

This woman seems reasonable and honest with you. Hopefully you 'll come out of this crisis stronger and with a clearer mind.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

thank you and your right she thinks i am the source to her unhappiness. The funny part is that i tried so incredibly hard over the years to make her happy in turn that made me unhappy and her