+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When should a woman "write" a guy off?

When should a woman "write" a guy off?

After how many days should a woman give up on a guy who just doesn't call after recieving her phone number? Why do men make woman wait for that initial phone call?

Quote Originally Posted by JosephineJ View Post
    After how many days should a woman give up on a guy who just doesn't call after recieving her phone number? Why do men make woman wait for that initial phone call?
    Answer to question 1 - 6 days, 4 hours and 25.4 minutes. But seriously live your life and if he calls he calls. Or have so many other exciting men on the go that you forget that you gave him your number.
    Answer to question 2 - He's lost his phone, trapped down a mine, in a meeting with world leaders OR he really isn't bothered.

How many questions are you going to ask about this same guy, and he hasn't even taken you out on a date yet? They may as well create a sub forum for you, if you end up dating this guy.

To answer your question, each day that goes by lets you know what number of option you are for us.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Unless he lost it, he should call the next day. This waiting thing is BS. If you are into someone, you let them know. Guys - that day you wait might be the day that someone else calls her and gets the date you wanted.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

sadie_genie Guest
    I see it like this: the longer he waits to call, the less interest he has. So, if he waits more than 1 day to call, his interest level is so low, you shouldn't even consider him an option if you are smart.

I thought the rule of thumb was to call in two days. If the guy calls sooner, he looks a little desperate. If he calls on day three, it indicates that he isn't strongly interested. If it's been more than a week, forget about him.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I don't wait for woman X to call me when I give her my number. The first woman to call gets the first date. Many women will accept my number then simply change their minds about dating me. I understand this. That's why I don't wait for them to call. If they really like me they will generally call within 48 hrs.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Ya I'm down for the 2 day thingy. Write him off, he probably found someone else to date. Please read about the guys ladder "The ladder Theory". Guys have only one ladder, women they want to or will sleep with. It goes in the following order: at the top, the one they want to have sex with the most, and then it goes down from there. If someone from the top of the ladder becomes available, then you get knocked down on his list. Either that or his ex wanted to talk and they are working things out.

You like a guy? Be more proactive and call them yourself.