+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Think I need to end it-

Think I need to end it-

I am supposed to go over to his house Thursday and I think I have changed my mind. I am doubting his intentions and the future of this relationship. This is the third time around in the past year- the other two times ended in arguments. I have no idea why I even considered giving this another chance or why I spent the last two weekends at his place. He is divorced, has major commitment issues, and is in total denial about it. I'm pissed right now because I spend an entire weekend at his place and he can't even send me a text, or an email, or call me the next day?! Or am I being unreasonable to expect that?? Is that an unfair expectation and am I jumping the gun because things went bad before?!

Right now, I feel like I should have never said I was coming over on Thursday- and I want to get out of it without being mean or obvious about the fact that I am even mad... I just don't think I want to give this a third try. He is going to do the same thing he did the first two times and I know I am going to regret it. (FYI- what he did before was pick stupid fights then decide he was not in the right frame of mind for a real relationship..then came back and said he was... then said he wasn't.. basically the whole push/pull thing). I want to keep the upper hand here because he hurt me before- I have finally gotten to the point where I don't care and I want to keep it that way! I am being stupid and allowing him to do this again. How do I get out of this Thursday and what do I do from here? I want to keep the upper hand and I want to continue to not care about dating him anymore. We have to see each other again- we have the same friends. I will see him again this weekend, it is unavoidable unless I give up my social life which is not an option.

I'm pissed and basically this sucks! lol-

If you are not happy in this situation and feel that rather than going forwards it's moving backwards, then leave it.

Why hang on and accept less than you want?

I was in your situation a week ago. I could have stayed and let things continue or I could leave and start afresh.....and I chose to leave.

I don't understand why people will remain in shitty situations?

Immediatly after I threw this fit and posted this, he texted. whatever- I still think he's a jerk and I'm not having it.