+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Office problems

Office problems

Hi guys/girls,
    I really need help from you guys. Theres this girl in my office and we are working in the same department. We started off as friends and now have reached a point where we go for movies, dinner, etc alone but nothing hanky panky. She treats me as a friend but I have developed a deep admiration for her.

Let me give a brief overview of her. She is beautiful in the natural sense and doesnt hide it under the pretense of make-up. She has lots of guys falling all over her and you may say she is kind of a flirt. I am no brad pitt. Add to that she is a career woman but not at the office. She has her own small time business too where she channels all her energy. She is a strong woman and has made me fall all over her.

Now my dilemma. I have tried to tell her my feelings on numerous dates but one way or the other i couldnt. I am pretty sure she has an idea now and is trying to keep a distance. Distance in the sense , no more long phone calls, making excuses for not going to movies ,etc but her reasons do sound truthful. Mind you at the office she is the same, cheerful and bubbly but after that it changes. Now it isnt that I cant live without her or something but her constant proximity to me (literally as she sits right next to me) keeps churning up my emotions again and again. I have tried talking less to her, taking some holidays but still the feeling returns. I am sure she is not interested in me and even if she is, our personalities will clash in the future. Please help me get out of this.

Dating people from the office is a bad idea. If you want to pursue her, you have to be willing to lose your job over it.

Also, it sounds like she's not giving you any green lights. I don't think this is going to turn out well, and I suggest you stop having so much personal contact with her. Keep it professional.
    Spammer Spanker

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Dating people from the office is a bad idea. If you want to pursue her, you have to be willing to lose your job over it.
    Oops.

While I have no problem with dating in the work place, it does sound like she is un-interested. You can either man up and learn to deal with it, or find a new job. But to keep torturing yourself, well that leads to nothing but suffering.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis