+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just watched Fight Club ...yes after 7 years

Just watched Fight Club ...yes after 7 years

so yea , today my curiosity got to me and after all those years of hearing about it , to the point where its even mentionned on some songs , then i just always wondered ...wtf is this dumb movie about ....

i watched it at home , almost 7 years after it came out . i even got the OS (dont ask how... ) ... just very curious ... and i found out i was very much into it . i kinda expected the ending cuz in the first 5 mins of the movie , the office dude says somethig like " if Taylor ( brad pitt) knows it then i know it ) and they keep hinting on his split personnality .

ok schizo ... good movie , should have seen it when it came out , no real point just to see how ppl found this movie ..?!?!

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i love this movie ... tyler durden represented what most of us aren't ...

that movie can be on and no matter how many times i've seen it, i'm down wit' it ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

i agree with tooxshort, most men want what tyler durden represents...

...this movie is about the childish fantasy of man

i loved it!

I swear. I am the only person who doesn't like this movie. Not only did I barely understand what the hell was going on..it bored me to sleep.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    actually i thought it was a good movie. you can always blame your bad side when thigns go wrong.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

just wondering if ppl around here are actually like that , for example : when u get really pissed and exhausted , is there like another side of you that kicks in , where you act completely differently , so different than you even dress and look different , like hair style . when ppl get pissed they just get pissed , but this would require you to actually BE different .

im a tiny little bit like that , no i dont punch myself , but i do change to some point . ex: my eyes get all red and small and i become kinda crazy like i do stuff that i would normaly not do , extreme things , like instead of just letting the person who insulted you slightly (stupid...idiot , stuff like that ) , instead of just brushing him off , u actually beat them up . then you feel amazingly great for months .

I still havent seen it. Someday....
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    just wondering if ppl around here are actually like that , for example : when u get really pissed and exhausted , is there like another side of you that kicks in , where you act completely differently , so different than you even dress and look different , like hair style . when ppl get pissed they just get pissed , but this would require you to actually BE different .

im a tiny little bit like that , no i dont punch myself , but i do change to some point . ex: my eyes get all red and small and i become kinda crazy like i do stuff that i would normaly not do , extreme things , like instead of just letting the person who insulted you slightly (stupid...idiot , stuff like that ) , instead of just brushing him off , u actually beat them up . then you feel amazingly great for months .
    Every woman who suffers from PMS goes through this.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Every woman who suffers from PMS goes through this.
    yea but PMS is everymonth , this is like a release of all stress and anger and it doesnt happen every month , BTW were talking about guys here , in the movie its a man that this is happening to.

Yeah, I know. He is schizophrenic, right? Great movie. Eye candy.

late_vamp-----I watched it recently for the first time. It was bizarre. I had no idea what was going on and was surprised by the ending. This was partly due to a misleading synopsis on the back of the pirated DVD I borrowed.

Still, anything with Edward Norton is good!

I only have one side to me. Not two. Its this one side that has different "moods" and not "personalities". I am only one enitity and not two.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

That's a good movie although I don't remember all the details since it was awhile back.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Tone Guest
    Same, been awhile, but I liked it.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I did like that movie! But then again I love mind thrillers!! LOl
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!