+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friends with Benefits - does this work for anyone?

Friends with Benefits - does this work for anyone?

Friends, I come to you seeking the answer to an age old question - does "friends with benefits" ever work out? It never has for me - I have twice been in that situation but it seems like one person always wants more so ultimately feelings deepen and then everything blows up at 110 miles an hour. Is it just me?

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

It dont work. Never has, never will. I wont go into details on my past experiences, but just trust me. It never works. And it never will.

Uh-never tried it Jules-but for my own thingy here I wouldnt even consider it. Women or some women cant seperate sex from emotions...hell I cant.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    ...some women cant seperate sex from emotions...hell I cant.
    Hell, I can't seperate the two... Thats why I know it will never work for me.

Accckkkk! I replied and it went away.

I have this friend who thinks he's the most well adjusted guy in the world and when I told him I found Friends with Benefits to be a myth - he acted like I was messed up! So I knew that my friends here could enlighten me in a way that made me not want to smack them.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

I wouldnt say its a myth...but its definetly out there-hell as long as I went without sex I just couldnt see myself finding someone just to get busy with and gettin my rocks off and be like "hey thanks again...see ya at the game!" NOT ME! I have one friend whose got plenty of "friends" but 99.99% of my friends wont even touch that kind of thing...just not our style. And definetly NOT mine.

Oh ok I'll reveal: MAnny on Monday-Tim on Tuesday-Wilson on Wed-Tom on Thurs-Frank on Friday-Sam on Saturday-and Sully on Sunday!

SHEEIT thats just not me-friends with benefits if you can do it-I dont know I guess youre gifted to keep things seperated...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Done it once -> Got screwed over (long story) -> Never do it again!!!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Did it, hated it, no more.
    Heit ist mein taug.

i am about 2 enter in 2 1 of these relationships... i can tell u now she doesnt want any emotions in it... but i can tell soon i am goin 2 b broken hearted

Done it once, worked for 4 months. Lost contact after that.

Then back off. Don't get yourself hurt. It's not exactly a clever thing on the list to do if you know what will happen in the end.

been in one too. i'll admit, i liked it, i really, reallly liked it. i told a girl friend i was in one, she got mad at me because SHE even said girls can't distinguish emotions from sex, i didn't believe her, then i felt weird cuz i was falling for my friend with bennies, started to think i was being a girl for a while, then i broke it off with her, i felt too guilty.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Ouch. That wasn't a clever idea tellin' your girl. But I guess you were just bein' honest.

oops correction...i didn't mean girlfriend, i meant my friend that is a girl. she's my best friend and i tell her everything. there's no way i'd have a bennie if i'm currently seeing someone. that's just wrong.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."