+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it all just luck?

Is it all just luck?

Finding true love- is it all just luck?

I can't figure it out. I'm regularly told how great I am, but I'm single and alone. So I've been trying to figure out why some people have great loves, and others don't. I can't find anything in common- I see love in couples that are rich, poor, attractive, ugly, fat, thin, etc etc. I can't find any common thread, except maybe people who love drama can't seem to achieve a good relationship. (I'm very anti-drama, but that hasn't helped me at all)

So, is it all just luck? And are there just those of us that will never be that lucky?

The only luck is that which you create. In other words, you have to meet and date a lot of people. Don't believe the people that say it will come to you, because chances are it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by MisfitToy View Post
    Finding true love- is it all just luck? I can't figure it out. I'm regularly told how great I am, but I'm single and alone. So, is it all just luck? And are there just those of us that will never be that lucky?
    Nah MisfitToy, if you've got alot to offer on the inside and out it's more about timing. The uninteresting and unattractive need luck. How many times have you felt a connection with a guy but they were already seeing someone? I'm betting a few.

Actually I can't remember the last time I felt a connection with a guy.

Maybe I would have with a few attached guys i know, but I do not tread in that territory. (Which is why I am also considered a "safe" single girlfriend to let around my friends' men- again, not that it helps me any)

I just can't escape this feel that its all just luck (and the very nature of luck is that no, you can't make it for yourself). It seems like the only way to even meet anyone singles after college is to hang out at bars or date online, neither of which I'm into.

And if it's just a matter of dating lots of people, why were NONE of the happy couples I know frequent daters?

I'm just venting frustration. I try to find common elements or patterns to finding "The One", and its extra frustrating to find myself continually falling into the ones I do find, and yet still being alone.

You obviously know it all, good luck.

You will find that the amount of luck substantially increases the more you look for a suitable match
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~