+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He's too confusing!!!

He's too confusing!!!

I've been in a steady relationship with a guy for close to 5 yrs. He keeps talking about engagement and buying a place together but never quite steps up to the plate. My entire family is moving to Florida in the next 2-5 yrs which is a move I would like to make as well. About 3 yrs ago my b/f was talking about moving to Florida and almost moved but I wasn't ready at that time. Now that the issue has come up again he is telling me he doesn't think he wants to go b/c he has his "career" here. He works a blue collar job at a car factory with no specific training and hasn't gone to school at all. He doesn't make very good money there but won't back down. He continues to talk about getting a place together and getting married but I'm worried that if I go through with this he is never going to want to move to Florida later. He goes back and forth at times about it but will never sit down to talk the issue over. All I get is that "i'm scared about moving" any advice??

King Zarathu Guest
    You two are headed in different directions, it's obvious. I really hate saying this, because it sounds like I'm just being a lazy **** (I am, by the way), but it looks like you need to find a new partner.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyinlov View Post
    Now that the issue has come up again he is telling me he doesn't think he wants to go b/c he has his "career" here. He works a blue collar job at a car factory with no specific training and hasn't gone to school at all. He doesn't make very good money there but won't back down.
    1. You shouldn't consider marrying someone whose job you don't respect. If you do, you will spend the rest of your life being resentful.

2. If you want to move to Florida, then move. If it was meant to be, he will follow.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    1. You shouldn't consider marrying someone whose job you don't respect. If you do, you will spend the rest of your life being resentful.

2. If you want to move to Florida, then move. If it was meant to be, he will follow.
    In other words, I rule over both of you. Just kidding.

I rule over all three of you.

It's not that I don't respect his job. I probably made it sound bad. It's just that he doesn't seem motivated to look into anything else but exactly what he is doing now. I know he is in a comfort zone with his job and I suggest that he should become a master mechanic or get some additional training in the area but he just tells me it won't help him with where he works. And you're probably right about the move I guess the whole thing just scares me too. It's a pretty big jump.