+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Coping with a Painful Breakup Tips

Coping with a Painful Breakup Tips

So here is a common experience we can pretty much all relate to, I'm going to keep it quite general:

You were in a relationship, you developed feelings for that person, now the relationship is over and you feel hurt.

Simple, huh? And let's not underestimate how much it can hurt. Just think back to the last time it happened to you and the pain you experienced. I am not talking about the time it happened and you didn't feel pain. I am only talking about the time it happened and you felt just horrible inside.

Now, what did you do (or what do you realize now that you could have done), to heal yourself and be happy again?

PS. My goal here is to come up with as many tips as possible, not so much a bunch of people repeating the same tip over and over. The reason is because no one tip will work for everyone, so the more we can come up with the more likely this thread could help people.

hanging out with your best friends and being alonse as little as possible, be active and go out of your way to be positive about everything.

Spending time doing things you haven't done in a long time, or just indulging in you hobbies, but just not giving up, knowing that you can love again, and it's not all over
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.

Long Walks; Bike Rides; Happy Movies; Go walk the mall for a while and checkout all the hot guys/girls you could be hitting on; A new relationship.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Long Walks; Bike Rides; Happy Movies; Go walk the mall for a while and checkout all the hot guys/girls you could be hitting on; A new relationship.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

One thing I have found helped me was find the FUNNIEST person you know and spend a day/evening with them. If your best friend is kind of a downer they won't do as good a job as that hilarious (friend, family member, it does not matter). As they keep cracking jokes all day/night you will find that you surprise yourself because you have actually started to laugh and why not, that WAS funny!

Quote Originally Posted by gingersnaps
    One thing I have found helped me was find the FUNNIEST person you know and spend a day/evening with them. If your best friend is kind of a downer they won't do as good a job as that hilarious (friend, family member, it does not matter). As they keep cracking jokes all day/night you will find that you surprise yourself because you have actually started to laugh and why not, that WAS funny!

i def agree with this ^ after i had severed ties to my girlfriend i reconnected to my old best friend who we just always had so much fun together and just took my mind off my ex for the most part. of course youll alwasy remeber them here and there but now i rarely do and its only been like 2months. woot me!@