+ Follow This Topic

Thread: finding "them" - w/ a twist

finding "them" - w/ a twist

So I'm just about done with my first semester of college and I need some advice on my situation. I've got friends, even almost had a girlfriend early on, but after awhile they get on my nerves and I need that one person to talk to and be with. I'm at school where I knew no one coming in so there's definitely a pool of people for me to choose from. My problem is this: I'm a quiet, shy, introspective person looking for a girl who is also quiet, shy, and introspective. I don't want someone who likes to drink and party; I want someone who will hang out and watch movies all night and have real, meaningful conversation. Thing is, I have no idea how to find her. I'm thinking there has to be some girl on this campus sitting in her room, watching a movie, wishing she had a guy to sit there and watch it with her. She probably complains about how all guys want to drink and have sex; she's wondering where there's some guy she can actually have a relationship with. But how does one find someone who is just sitting in their room? Especially when the person doing the searching prefers just sitting in their room. Quite the conundrum isn't it? If you've got any ideas my ears are more than open. Thanks people.

~JFett

you must leave your house. i had a roommate that was always talking about how she wanted to find a man and settle down but she was such a homebody! go out with some friends, talk to people. meeting people means you have to be somewhat social. it doesn't mean you have to go out and party and drink and have sex with everybody, just have fun and be confident and social. she'll come around

or you could.. go drink party and have sex with everyone, AND go find a best friend sort of girl who you can talk to n stuff liekthat. then again. ive had 2 failed relationships.. so you probly dun wanna listen to my advice. but if you do wanna find sum1 you can talk to then i suggest maybe you go to partys and look for girls who arent drinking so much and having sex and try to get to know them. you definatly need to get out if you wanna find someone.. parties seems liek a logical place to go, since not EVERYONE at the party wants to just drink and have sex, some nice grils may jsut be followin their friends.

I imagine the library would be a good place to find the more introspective, quiet type...

Try knocking on every single room u can find

Take a theater or film class or join a theater production (you can work behind the scenes) Obviously girls in these classes are interested in film and acting so you can start out knowing you share an interest. Also poetry/book clubs tend to draw an interesting mix of "quiet" non partyers.
    It's not a matter of what is true that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true.
    --Henry Kissinger