+ Follow This Topic

Thread: can't shake this feeling i keep getting not sure what it is, here is my story

can't shake this feeling i keep getting not sure what it is, here is my story

Hello All, first off i'm Andy and i'm 26 Years old, it's nice to meet you all

Now this is my Dilemma

First off it's been almost 4 years since i have gone out on a proper date and been single all that time, all of a sudden i reactivated my dating profile from this site i been using but no luck avail until now,

Been talking to this girl for little over a week text messages back and fourth until few days ago i decided to ring her, so far it's been great she went back to her country and we still texted and she came back few days later so i'm happy, that being said i feel we have a connection

She say's i'm different from her ex which i liked to hear, i'm just myself and that's all you will see, now the Dilemma for the story,

Her mother is in town, that's cool ya know i understand she needs to spend time with her mother etc. maybe it's just me but my mind is playing games or something, can't shake this feeling, i suppose i am shy,very nervous, so lately the text messages been getting shorter and shorter, like few text messages a day

I don't want to scare her off or anything but i believe we both have things in common which is good because she herself has said it, anyway more to the point, i asked her if anything was wrong more or less, she replied with "trying not to text so much right now, keep on forgetting my mums here"

I clearly understand from where she is coming from, she then said "she not complaining just don't ever feel that i don't like you, trust me i would've told you already and she said thanks for understanding"

so anyway tomorrow being New Years Eve, she asked me if i wanted to join them as the offer still stands, i said sure if it was ok with you and you're mother, she said yeah all good

Keep in mind this will be the first time i meet her and i'm kinda nervous and really hoping this goes well because i like this girl heaps

from where i stand she is a lovely person to talk too

we even spoke on the phone for like 2 hours of just stuff

i'm just wondering why does my mind like to mess around with me

Also she says i'm different from the other 2 guys she has already dated in a short time because they was no spark, however with me she said their was already via text messages, is that a good sign? because i hope it don't backfire after i meet this girl tomorrow

Also how should i approach this ? any advice will be greatly appreciated

sorry for the long read folks

kind regards,
    Andy85

It's a good sign that she said there's a spark with you. Just don't overwhelm her with your emotions. It's probably hormones, but worth going out with her and getting to know her. Ask her out if you want.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    It's a good sign that she said there's a spark with you. Just don't overwhelm her with your emotions. It's probably hormones, but worth going out with her and getting to know her. Ask her out if you want.
    Hey, Thanks for the advice Bulrush it was helpful and you're right about the don't overwhelm her with my emotions, as for the ask out i think i will let that plan out as i see her more and get to know her better, just nervous about tonight still