+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to discuss with him, without seeming annoying and clingy?

How to discuss with him, without seeming annoying and clingy?

So, my question is really simple: when I'd like to discuss with my partner more serious & personal stuff (like related to what we'll do in the future), how can I do it without seeming annoying and clingy? I'm interested in a nice approach for both of us

It has to be casual and you should be alone. Like when you are watching some sitcom or something and the topic becomes relevant through a scene. Give a nice pause and ask him something like, "Do you think we'll be together forever?" You could make it cuddly or seductive or start rubbing a part on his leg really close to his crotch. The important thing is that it's a conversation, and not you telling him what you want.

do not ask "do you think we'll be together forever?" If a girl asked me that, I would think she's immature and probably has fantasies of us riding off together on a unicorn. Just ask your partner if he or she can see a future with you two

Thanks!
    I was asking this because we're currently in a long distance relationship thingie (we've met in real life), I could make some changes so we can be together, but I need to know if he's into that with me. We've never gotten with our plans that far, and I don't want to scare him.
    The last thing I'd ask him would be if he wants to be forever with me ) That's scary... I don't even know if I want that... BUT I'll keep in mind to not make it sound as if I'm telling him exactly what I want.

You could share your thoughts on your future plans, see how he reacts. Like ask what would he think if you lived in the same city. You could have it as a casual, non-binding chat, not like you want him to commit, but to get to know him better. You never know, he might be thinking of the same thing, but he's afraid to scare you