+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiay in NY

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Haha, it's a shame things aren't like the olden days in some ways. Where exactly did you grow up? I've crossed the border at Sarnia at least half a dozen times before.
    Saginaw, and Livonia (suburban Detroit). My dad had relatives, including a half-sister, in Windsor so we usually visited a couple of times a year. Generally used the bridge or tunnel at Detroit/Windsor, but went through Port Huron/Sarnia a couple times. Also (on vacation) several times at the Soo, and twice at Grand Portage Minn. I don't think we EVER waited more than 15 - 20 minutes, they'd usually only check 1 or 2 ID's in the car, ask a couple questions and be on your way. Now I hear that 30 minutes is "normal" and it takes a file-cabinet full of papers.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by daletom View Post
    I don't think we EVER waited more than 15 - 20 minutes, they'd usually only check 1 or 2 ID's in the car, ask a couple questions and be on your way. Now I hear that 30 minutes is "normal" and it takes a file-cabinet full of papers.
    Last time I crossed the US/Canadian border it was at the Lewiston Bridge going back into the US. Took about 1 and a half hours. The people at customs didn't give me any trouble though, they never do. Of course, I always bring my passport.

anachronistic Guest
    so what the hell is it like for you, tiay? are you enjoying new york? how you like that accent?

what do you do all day long?

how often do you get to see your boyfriend? fill us in.

how the heck did I miss all these posts?!

Thanks for the transportation details, Dale... My roommate invited me to come to Nevada with her for a week, but i'm not sure I can afford it at the moment.

Hm, I was talking about the standards of the subways when my brother was here visiting me. He's been in Paris and Lisbon and I've been to Berlin, but we found all their systems have their own faults.. though i've noticed the subways here get kinda hot and sticky. And they looked like some kind of live-stock herding facility to me at first

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    so what the hell is it like for you, tiay? are you enjoying new york? how you like that accent?

what do you do all day long?

how often do you get to see your boyfriend? fill us in.
    oh right.. update #.. whatever it is by now.

still living in the creepy place atm. I'm basically just looking for housing and employment, which seems to be a full time job.
    I found a blood-dripping bottle of nasonex in the bathroom here.. what is up with that?

y'know, I haven't noticed anybody with a strong accent here. Guess i'm too used to it from TV shows? Speaking of which, why is everyone so hung up on the Sopranos?

I walked past an "organic dry cleaner" recently. Christ. Never seen that before. I've noticed there's a big emphasis on organic and all natural and such, yet everyone's still living in a city that's basically full of rats and gunk and pollution. It affects you. It's harder on your skin, more shit gets in your eyes, you feel like you have to wash your hands all the time, etc. I couldn't live here full time.

at least i'll see all this before the ice caps melt and it's all under water

I'm trying to re-build my diet, too. A lot of products/brands are recognisable, but it's still unfamiliar. And how come Post shredded wheat has more calories and HALF the protein than the Nestle shredded wheat I get in Ireland? I'm sure I can find that here too though, it is Nestle after all..

I stopped eating yoghurt when I got here, and you know what? I got a mild yeast infection. grrr. I've been really prone to those. Guess I was on antibiotics for an ear infection.. but that was like 2 years ago. I don't know..

oh, I see my BF a lot, it's great. He only has a single bed at his place, so staying over is a bit of a squeeze...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've never heard of Neslte Shredded Wheat, so I doubt you'll find that here, though we do indulge in their candy.

Organic shit is for upper class Americans, and hippies.

My girlfriend only has a single bed as well, I feel your discomfort.

I don't know when I'll be able to travel to NYC at the moment either. Work sucks some large testicles.

And I hear you on trying to find a job. We should get paid for all the time spent on trying to find a job, seriously.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I won't lie, I highly dislike NYC.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nestle makes shredded wheat? Aside from being surprised that people actually EAT shredded wheat, I didn't realize Nestle was in the cereal business.

Tiay - try looking at Kashi cereals if you are looking for low fat, high fiber. I myself like Kellogs Special K with strawberries, which I eat with vanilla yogurt instead of milk.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fiber One is good shit.

I eat the stuff that gives you 51% of your recommended daily intake. But I always eat more than a serving so I bang out that fiber in one sitting.

The blood-dripping bottle of Nasonex is kinda freaking me out. Tiay, your landlord is really weird.

I know what you mean about feeling filthy dirty there- that's a pretty dirty city. Next time, I hope you get to go to San Francisco. It's lovely.

I, for one, am not hung up on the Sopranos at all. I don't even watch TV.

And IMO, organic dry cleaning is a good idea. If we had that here, I'd use it. The chemicals dry cleaners use are horrible, and I feel guilty every time I take my clothes to be cleaned, not only because of the waste products going into the water table but because of the toxins the workers are exposed to. That shit is nasty.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Ah, Tiay! I, too LOVE New York...
    yay (:

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I've never heard of Neslte Shredded Wheat, so I doubt you'll find that here, though we do indulge in their candy.
    Nestle has their many many hands in many places, though. They own the Poland Spring brand, for instance.

Organic shit is for upper class Americans, and hippies.
    forget who it's for.. what is it?

My girlfriend only has a single bed as well, I feel your discomfort.
    ah, yes well, I hope they both get bigger beds soon.

I don't know when I'll be able to travel to NYC at the moment either. Work sucks some large testicles.
    oh, that sucks. there's plenty of time left though.

----

Nestle makes shredded wheat? Aside from being surprised that people actually EAT shredded wheat, I didn't realize Nestle was in the cereal business.
    oh, yes, you should try it! Get the original shredded wheat biscuits (not the "spoon sized" ones) and crunch one up into a bowl of yoghurt, throw in a few frozen raspberries, mix it all in, hack up the raspberries till it turns pink.. mmm, delicious!... I miss my old breakfast! damnit.

hmm.. something from wikipedia: "Cereal Partners Worldwide S.A. is a joint venture between General Mills and Nestlé, established in 1990 to produce breakfast cereals. The company [...] markets cereals in more than 130 countries (except for the U.S. and Canada).
    so.. don't you guys have Cheerios?

Tiay - try looking at Kashi cereals if you are looking for low fat, high fiber. I myself like Kellogs Special K with strawberries, which I eat with vanilla yogurt instead of milk.
    I'll have to check that out, thanks Also, what's this granola thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    The blood-dripping bottle of Nasonex is kinda freaking me out. Tiay, your landlord is really weird.

I know what you mean about feeling filthy dirty there- that's a pretty dirty city. Next time, I hope you get to go to San Francisco. It's lovely.

I, for one, am not hung up on the Sopranos at all. I don't even watch TV.

And IMO, organic dry cleaning is a good idea. If we had that here, I'd use it. The chemicals dry cleaners use are horrible, and I feel guilty every time I take my clothes to be cleaned, not only because of the waste products going into the water table but because of the toxins the workers are exposed to. That shit is nasty.
    you're fast.
    yeah, I think the nasonex was the crack-person's.
    He smears aloe vera all over his face ever day. I know aloe vera is very good and all.. but it's still creepy.. and leaves this slimy gunk in the kitchen.

really? i didn't know dry cleaning was like that. ok that makes sense.

yeah, I watched tv when I was at college, because the tv was always on. I'd prefer not to have one at all.

Fiber One is good shit.

I eat the stuff that gives you 51% of your recommended daily intake. But I always eat more than a serving so I bang out that fiber in one sitting.
    oh, have you calculated your [URL="http://www.healthcalculators.org/calculators/fiber.asp"]requirement[/URL] though? I love these things, heh.. ahh, I always snack on carrots, those are good for fiber.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I don't even watch TV.
    me neither.

Fiber One is good shit.

Oh, the imagery. My inner eye hurts.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 23-06-07 at 02:19 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    i eat like a fat ass, but i am still in good shape.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast