+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sibling Fantasy!!!

i think incest is wrong, i mean i find both my brothers repulsive, simply because they are my brothers and i've never thought of them in that way. has anyone ever seen the film "deliverance" ? i think that has some incest in it, in the way that the boy playing the banjo is soo inbred that he cant express any emotion, (i know its only a film but the principle is there) so isnt that proof that incest is very, very wrong ?

incest

I agree with you. It is wrong, but it does and did happen. In ancient Egypt and Greece, brothers and sisters used to get married. even mothers and sons. It is history

Just because it is history does not make it right or acceptable or any less of a problem.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Wrong

Of course it is wrong, but I was saying it did happen

Well obviously; incest was common until Christianity took over. It wasnt even an issue until the Bible said that it was wrong.
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Quote Originally Posted by KirstyM
    Well obviously; incest was common until Christianity took over. It wasnt even an issue until the Bible said that it was wrong.
    Buahahahaha! Kirsty, how old are you and have you actually read the Bible to be asserting such mislead common perceptions?

Honey, I'm sorry to disappoint your very goody-two-shoes self, but the Bible wasn't the first book to say that it's wrong. In fact, I don't even think Jesus himself talked about things like that. Most of that "preachy" stuff was added later (50-70CE) by Paul long after Christ's death, a Roman citizen, who never even knew Jesus himself.

As to the entire Bible, or more specifically, the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) such issues weren't condemned - all of the Partiarchs (Abe, Ike, Jake, Abraham, Jacob, Isaac that is) had slaves, took more than one wife (in fact King David had more than 100 wives and sent one girls husband to war so that he could marry her after her husband died in the war), and surely slept with one another - incest is all over the place.

So when ignorant people place their right hand on the Bible and use it in court or openly use it for their own benefit to support their views (I'm thinking Bush) in a revoltingly tacky and conservative way, I wonder if they even know what the book is about. After the Civil War Christians were raising their Bibles and announcing to the entire world that God condemns slavery and such was God's will to free the American slaves. Hello? Same book assets that "God blessed Abraham with many slaves, men and women." Hmmm.

Same with incest, adultery, and even monotheism. Did you know that the religion Christianity spread from used to be polytheistic for thousands of years?! And in fact when you read the Old Testament you can witness at least a couple different god's (Yahweh, Elohim - "im" being the plural ending in Hebrew). Naturally enough, Jews converted to strict monotheism in the Babylonian exile (500BCE) and made it seem like all the way, the texts were referring to one and only God - Yahweh, and Elohim referring to the "multiple" powers of God.

There has to be consistency in one book in order for people to use it as a moral base for issues such as slavery, theft, incest, adultury, etc.
    I have it all. Including kino.

The Bible may not have been the first book to say it was wrong, however I meant that the Bible is the one which has become widely used - laws are based on the Bible and Christianity in the UK anyway which is where I am. I didnt say Jesus himself went around condemning incest, however as far as I know, according to Christianity - Old Testament AND New - incest is not seen as acceptable. As for the comments about swearing on the Bible in court... I dont see the relevance but there you go...Though you do make a lovely point about the hypocrisy and contradictions in the Bible, and the whole of Christianity really, part of the reason why I am atheist.
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

mabye she's from Kentucky

Bigten

Quote Originally Posted by KirstyM
    laws are based on the Bible and Christianity in the UK anyway which is where I am.
    That's actually not true, laws are based on customs which have been around since time in memorial, if you can prove that something has been a custom since before sometime in 12 century then it's your right to do it.

generally the law is based on wrongs which are done to people and are known as moral wrongs - I doubt that murder is seen as a wrong solely because of the bible.

Perhaps not 'solely' however it did play a big part.
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

right or wrong?

well, it is wrong whatever the reason or the source!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbabe
    Buahahahaha! Kirsty, how old are you and have you actually read the Bible to be asserting such mislead common perceptions?

Honey, I'm sorry to disappoint your very goody-two-shoes self, but the Bible wasn't the first book to say that it's wrong. In fact, I don't even think Jesus himself talked about things like that. Most of that "preachy" stuff was added later (50-70CE) by Paul long after Christ's death, a Roman citizen, who never even knew Jesus himself.

As to the entire Bible, or more specifically, the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) such issues weren't condemned - all of the Partiarchs (Abe, Ike, Jake, Abraham, Jacob, Isaac that is) had slaves, took more than one wife (in fact King David had more than 100 wives and sent one girls husband to war so that he could marry her after her husband died in the war), and surely slept with one another - incest is all over the place.

So when ignorant people place their right hand on the Bible and use it in court or openly use it for their own benefit to support their views (I'm thinking Bush) in a revoltingly tacky and conservative way, I wonder if they even know what the book is about. After the Civil War Christians were raising their Bibles and announcing to the entire world that God condemns slavery and such was God's will to free the American slaves. Hello? Same book assets that "God blessed Abraham with many slaves, men and women." Hmmm.

Same with incest, adultery, and even monotheism. Did you know that the religion Christianity spread from used to be polytheistic for thousands of years?! And in fact when you read the Old Testament you can witness at least a couple different god's (Yahweh, Elohim - "im" being the plural ending in Hebrew). Naturally enough, Jews converted to strict monotheism in the Babylonian exile (500BCE) and made it seem like all the way, the texts were referring to one and only God - Yahweh, and Elohim referring to the "multiple" powers of God.

There has to be consistency in one book in order for people to use it as a moral base for issues such as slavery, theft, incest, adultury, etc.
    shes right in a sense...75 % of the bibble that we knwo of today was added WAAAAAAAY after "jesus" sopoedly was killed.
    however christianity at that time due to holy wars etc became very popualr and to this day it is a very hgihly stateed reloighen and spread all over american and erope (i so sorry guys i cant spell)
    therefor the idea of inceast being a bad thing did take shape and form much to do with the bible
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk

well

Well, can you leave christianty out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by marco
    Well, can you leave christianty out of it!
    lolol ::pats u on the head:: aww its so cute when people are blind from the truth
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567