+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Should you tell your friend about her cheating husband?

If you were my friend and you found out my husband was cheating on me, I'd expect you to tell me. In fact, if you kept it from me, I'd conclude that you were 1) not really such a good friend after all and 2) possibly also sleeping with my husband.

What she does with the information is her business. What YOU should do with the information is give it to her. Tell her exactly what the woman at the party said. Word for word. Be sure to have some chardonnay on hand.
    Spammer Spanker

and the whole disease thing...god forbid this girl has HIV and he's screwing her and then going home and screwing his wife. i would feel responsible if my friend ended up getting HIV, or any other disease for that matter, when i knew her partner was cheating and i didn't bother telling her about it...
    Last edited by RdHrshyKss; 19-05-10 at 04:40 AM.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

chardonnay...mmmmmmmmmm

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would NEVER wanna know if my partner was cheating on me. In fact I would expect my partner to be smart whom he is sleeping with. If YOU think that you partner will consider having unsafe sex then maybe he/she shouldn't be your partner in the first place.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    sometimes...young posters....make me feel....like we were never young, and didn't have dysfunctional families, and our parent's never argued or divorced or cheated.
    i know this wasn't directed towards me, but i do need to note that i wrote the following:

Quote Originally Posted by RdHrshyKss View Post
    an intelligent, open-minded person would take in all the information possible from all possible sources to come to an educated, and well-rounded conclusion.
    and

just stating that there are two sides to every story and if you want to have an educated opinion about something you need to be open-minded to both sides...each person has something important to bring to the pot.
    i think we all have experiences (young and old!) that are useful in this thread. just because you are older doesn't mean that your opinion is more important. i think a lot of people have been through similar situations as youngsters, and people tend to push the negative experiences to the back of their memory as to avoid thinking about it. so getting some input from young minds is a good thing. i, as a young woman, respect all the advice that older women have offered on this thread, but also respect young women's input too. i think this thread regarding cheating and what to do if you find out if your friend's partner is cheating on them, is not something that only older people can advise on.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I differ, I need to know because I'm a one woman for one man type of girl. If I'm not enough fine, I will be to someone else. Just let me know and I'll be gone.

I would NEVER wanna know if my partner was cheating on me. In fact I would expect my partner to be smart whom he is sleeping with. If YOU think that you partner will consider having unsafe sex then maybe he/she shouldn't be your partner in the first place.
    ummmm...if your partner is cheating on you than he shouldn't be your partner in the first place; unless you're in an open relationship...and i don't think that's the case here

if you don't want to know that your partner is cheating, than you are saying you'd rather be in denial. you saying that being in denial is better than being realistic?
    Last edited by RdHrshyKss; 19-05-10 at 05:03 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ummmm...if your partner is cheating on you than he shouldn't be your partner in the first place; unless you're in an open relationship...and i don't think that's the case here

if you don't want to know that your partner is cheating, than you are saying you'd rather be in denial. you saying that being in denial is better than being realistic?
    unfortunately, I'd rather be a happy person in denial, than a miserable person in reality.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ Your friends better know that. My friends certainly know that they'd better tell me or they just as deep in shit as those who cheat (on me).

You know, this woman in question likely already suspects that her partner is a cheating rat.
    There are signs and lots of them, unless he's a fooking good cheater.

I know I sharp clicked on to what was going on. A blind person could have clicked to what the dumbo in my situation was up too.
    I didn't need to anyone to come and tell me, I just knew ....I went looking for the info and I got it
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 19-05-10 at 05:17 AM.

unfortunately, I'd rather be a happy person in denial, than a miserable person in reality.
    but how can you be happy in denial? that's pretty much an oxymoron because the happiness is fake, the happiness is based on lies...

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    You know, this woman in question likely already suspects that her partner is a cheating rat.

I know I sharp clicked on to what was going on. A blind person could have clicked to what the dumbo in my situation was up too.
    I didn't need to anyone to come and tell me, I just knew ....I went looking for the info and I got it
    ruth didn't mention anything about the wife being suspect, so as far as we all know, the wife doesn't know. she should tell her what she heard. if the wife doesn't want to do anything about it, that's her choice, but at least ruth acted as a loyal friend and made her aware of what the mistress told her...

if the wife knows, then she knows...it's no hair off ruth's back

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    but how can you be happy in denial? that's pretty much an oxymoron because the happiness is fake, the happiness is based on lies...
    is fake happiness really based on lies or on ignorance?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It doesn't matter. Here's where you should lay off. Son has clearly stated she'd much rather live in a sense with a lie and still be happy instead of the alternative. That is her perogative.

We would rather not but each of us is allowed to want different things. Don't go trying to influence her to want to know if she's being cheated.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post

Unless she has the intelligence of a turnip, she probably knows. Women generally KNOW when the marry a snake.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast