+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Child or Spouse?

oh please! As if the emasculating jokes from the female posters about guys b*tching and having PMS are unique. Now where's my sammich, woman?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Make sure you get to the end, Neo:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAbg_DwnUHI"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know it sounds awful, but I think the guy made the best decision. He could rescue his wife, or risk the lives of him, his wife, AND his son. Three deaths instead of one.

I hope I NEVER have a decision like that to make. I feel horrible for the family and especially for the Dad.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Hey Indi,

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't know the mom was driving the car. That's a hella lot of guilt. They'll be replaying that decision for the rest of their lives. Sad.

@ Neo - Wow, posting a vid in response to mine. Still looking for that first-ever original thought, are you?

PS - my video was funnier than yours too.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 03-12-09 at 02:15 PM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    So what we're doing here is basically measuring the value of each of our loved ones lives? Hypothetical or otherwise?

What a depressing thread.
    Word, Starbs.

I can't imagine having to make that decision. I don't even want to think about it.

I think everyone should learn how to swim in case a freak accident like this happens.

Gribble's hypothetical is like a twist on Sophie's Choice but not as difficult. I'd save my kid of course.

The logical answer to this whole charade was just not drive off the road.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Heratriumphant View Post
    Anybody notice that only the women are getting spanked for choosing their child over their spouse?

Why is that?
    Why? I'll tell you why. Do you think a guy wants to hear about how his ass is going to get dropped like a fat man on Nagasaki?

Some of you have some seriously twisted morals. You think abortion is ok, yet you'd kill your husband to save your child's life? Another question - what good does it do to have solutions about hypothetical situations? It's one thing to say "Oh now, I assure you I would do this and that!" It's another to bear the misfortune of a lost child or lover. I hope you realize this

No one is killing anyone or anything close to it. Someone posed a question and people responded honestly. Everyone gets bent out of shape to try and show their e-dominance by belittling other posters.

We're kind of a sad sack-o-shit around here some days.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Why? I'll tell you why. Do you think a guy wants to hear about how his ass is going to get dropped like a fat man on Nagasaki?
    Okay, but two men here gave the exact same answer and no one said a word to them.

Survival of offspring is a biological imperative, so really any good mammal is going to pick it's young over it's mate...it's kind of the whole reason we're here.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    And you have no f*cking clue what it means to be a father.

Seriously, between you and Vash, (especially Vash), I've gotten extremely disturbed about women's regard for their husbands, especially after they have children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Point is, not only do you not know what it's like to be a father, you will never know, could never know. So you mothers out there can take your mother cards and shove 'em.
    Both parents feel the same equal amount of love towards their child(usually) it makes no difference whether you look at it from mother or father point of view, you are still a parent.
    Therefore, until you are actually a mother or a father most people cannot give an opinion based on emotion as you just havnt experienced the feelings of what it is like to be a parent.

I find it quite amusing that you can write what you did above and your not even a father. Believe me, your thoughts will change if/when you have children.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My, my, my. What a shitstorm.

If you read that article you'd know it stressed the difficulty of the decision. Do you save your child or do you save your spouse? The article got me thinking. Beyond that--and beyond an interesting story--it is immaterial.

If I had to save one or the other I would save my child without hesitation. I don't think it's a difficult decision at all. Like Hera said, biological imperative. I would hope my wife would do the same.

Solutions to hypothetical questions, Dopple, are good for satisfying one's curiosity. I was curious what others thought so I asked. Simple as that.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Because Gribble is the only one smart enough to appreciate the feelings associated with pushing something larger than a sperm squirt or daily dump out of one's body.
    Gribble has rarely expressed (so rarely that I can't recall otherwise) any regard for any entity that wasn't carrying some part of his DNA.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey! That isn't true at all. I love my parrot like nobody's business. Pretty sure he isn't carrying my DNA.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast