+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One last thing.. question for the ladies

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    with all his problems, look at the way you are now on here saying how great he is, he broke it off coz he wasn't willing to compromise with the heat and you still want him even tho he had no problem breaking up over such a small issue and mentioning getting his life in order 'while he still has time' is totally said to make you feel sorry for him. stay away from him seriously
    Well he would turn the heat up usually and was sometimes very tender about covering me up... making me tea.. and felt really bad about the snoring and tried differnt things from the drugstore. Also, one day I had left some paperwork I desperatley needed that night and he rushed and took a cab and trains for 2 hours to meet me halfway after he had already gotten home from commuting....

I think this is a lot of the problem I'm having... there were some very good points too. also, when he broke it off he said he couldn'rt give me what i needed and deserved and he didn't want to drag me down with him....
    Last edited by lovemuffin; 14-05-09 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    We have lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, lymphoma, and melanoma... Usually the cancer tends to manifest in the mid to late 50's... and if you don't get cancer by then... chances are you probably won't.
    This statement is an insult.
    Last edited by lesa; 14-05-09 at 10:29 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lovemuffin View Post
    2 1/2 months... and we saw each other a lot in that time.
    But you went on five dates and then he stopped paying because he had to buy a guitar. Now he has cancer too? This is like the ultimate person scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemuffin View Post
    I really like him (his personality) and am very attracted to him physically.

Yes, he has issues, but all seem they could be overcome in time.
    ... you are trying to change him.

YOU CANNOT CHANGE PEOPLE.

I guess the question is... is he willing to work as hard as you at making this work?
    Don't forget the vibrator for her
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, is this the instrument guy? You should move on, you aren't suited. Plus, you are too young to be bothered with this kind of trouble.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

There's definitely something very guilt-trippy about the guy. Especially his reason for breaking up with you, that he doesn't want to "drag you down with him." He seems way too immersed in his own pain. If he's already broken it off with you, then I would say move on. If you somehow get back together with this guy, be prepared for ALOT of energy-draining baggage. I'd be most concerned about the depression and past alcohol abuse.

I've known a few guys like this. They almost seem to enjoy how badly the world and everything in it has treated them. It's almost like they have their identities staked in being the underdog.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    This statement is an insult.

You pulled my statement out of context... I was talking about my family... and in my family, if they don't get cancer by their late fifties.. then there is a good chance they won't.

So down with the guard dog...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

You pulled my statement out of context... I was talking about my family... and in my family, if they don't get cancer by their late fifties.. then there is a good chance they won't.

So down with the guard dog...
    I don't even understand why she was offended in the first place.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post

I've grown accustomed to Lesa picking out bits of my posts and finding them offensive. Rarely do I understand her reasons... I just mention why I don't find them offensive..if she doesn't accept it... I just shrug and go on about life. It's easier that way..
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    There's definitely something very guilt-trippy about the guy. Especially his reason for breaking up with you, that he doesn't want to "drag you down with him." He seems way too immersed in his own pain. If he's already broken it off with you, then I would say move on. If you somehow get back together with this guy, be prepared for ALOT of energy-draining baggage. I'd be most concerned about the depression and past alcohol abuse.

I've known a few guys like this. They almost seem to enjoy how badly the world and everything in it has treated them. It's almost like they have their identities staked in being the underdog.
    He said he didn't want to drag me down with him and his problems because he knew I was getting frustrated with the impotency and snoring......

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    Neither do I. She's a moron.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

yeah, i would still be seeing him , as long as i wont pay for his medication , hahahaha

wtf, i mistakenly replied to a different thread,i was just so occupied, i did not notice it, hehehe...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123