+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Hate World of Warcraft

Did anyone see the WoW video? Some dude who played it like 247 died in real life and his in game friends decided to give him an ingame funeral. 2 minutes into the ceremony, some guild who hates all their guts come rushing in and pwns everyone. It was so funny.

Heres the vid:

[url]http://spikedhumor.com/articles/22282/WoW_Funeral_Ambush_Video.html[/url]
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Yeah I have seen that before, the victims guild was dumb as hell for having the funeral in a PVP zone. Newbs.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    blow it out your ass.
    My point made.

Don't come here and trivialize what's important to me.

Just because I'm not out starving on the street doesn't mean the value of my issue is depreciated.

Dammit, Fras, why do you have to live so far away? None of my friends will play boardgames like Catan with me. I've been itching to give it and some others a try.
    That game is a blast. I enjoy getting together and playing cards or a board game with people. Havin' coffee, or orderin' a pizza and doin' other shit afterwards. When my friends found out Settler's was gonna be on Xbox LIVE they were all for the idea. But my point for playing that game at all is mostly because it's an excuse for us to hang out...in person.

I ****in hate the game, my best mate plays it 24/7 so sad. He does leave the house though some times lol. Oh yeah **** 'Counter Strike' too!
    Last edited by Converse; 03-04-07 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    But my point for playing that game at all is mostly because it's an excuse for us to hang out...in person.
    Exactly. The only time my friends hang out is when we go to bars or parties. That scene gets real old real fast. Used to be we played video games and stuff together. Now with Xbox Live and all that crap they just sit around at home. For me the fun of the game was the human interaction. It ain't the same over a crappy mic.

I need new friends, too.

man..i hate that game too....i think it kind of sad because i know some people who fail university because of playing this game!.....

i used to play wc3 dota but now quit

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    My point made.

Don't come here and trivialize what's important to me.

Just because I'm not out starving on the street doesn't mean the value of my issue is depreciated.

i'm not trivializing. i'm giving advice. you're defending yourself when it's not necessary; you accused me of accusing you as prejudice and all that other shit.

are you implying that i'm out starving on the street? once again, you need not defend yourself. i never said your issue was depreciated. what the hell are we supposed to do? make friends for you? if you're going to value skin color and culture and all this other shit, i don't know what to tell you. most of my friends are from different countries and are different colors. if you NEED to have all asian friends, then be my guest.

i'm not trivializing. i'm giving advice. your defending yourself when it's not necessary; you accused me of accusing you as prejudice and all that other shit.

are you implying that i'm out starving on the street? once again, you need not defend yourself. i never said your issue was depreciated. what the hell are we supposed to do? make friends for you? if you're going to value skin color and culture and all this other shit, i don't know what to tell you. most of my friends are from different countries and are different colors. if you NEED to have all asian friends, then be my guest.
    I'm sure Fras can defend himself fine here, but you're comment is so blindingly self-satisfied and condescending that I'm going to go ahead and make it my business.

You are an 18 year old living in middle America whose life experience is minimal. You're talking about things you don't know about like race and culture. Instead of trying to prove that you're right (when you clearly aren't) just understand that your cirucmstances are different and, from what I understand sheltered, so what you see as a reality is probably not what others see.

Stop your diatribes and leave the race thing alone. You simply don't know what you're talking about.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

On-topic:
    I hate it, too. My cousin is insanely addicted to it and that's all he does. I tried to play it but stopped after 3 days because it was lame.

Off-topic:

i'm not trivializing. i'm giving advice. you're defending yourself when it's not necessary; you accused me of accusing you as prejudice and all that other shit.

Nice job. You're trying really hard to not sound racist. He just said that black people generally come from different cultures and have different interests than he does, and you go ape-shit because you're so easily affected by what society forces down your throat (easily; without your resistance). Quit trying to neuter Fras and beat it.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    I'm sure Fras can defend himself fine here, but you're comment is so blindingly self-satisfied and condescending that I'm going to go ahead and make it my business.

You are an 18 year old living in middle America whose life experience is minimal. You're talking about things you don't know about like race and culture. Instead of trying to prove that you're right (when you clearly aren't) just understand that your cirucmstances are different and, from what I understand sheltered, so what you see as a reality is probably not what others see.
    whatever tdurden. you don't know me. 'sides, i had dropped the racist topic last night, and since then have been trying to show that i'm not calling him racist. christ.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    Quit trying to neuter Fras and beat it.
    i'm not trying to neuter frasbee. if i was trying to neuter anybody, it would be you.

on the contrary though, i think i'll take a break from this god forsaken place.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I actually don't have any asian friends.

Now isn't that ironic?

Now 'Wing, if you go back and look at the comments you made, you might understand why one would become defensive.

Which I already proved by turnin' it back on you with bringin' up your ex-girlfriend.

lol This is why I dont come here so much.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

I hate WoW too. My boyfriend was addicted to it for about 6 months. Something happened with his account, however, and he didn't want to get a new one. He hasn't played since, but he used to be on literally all the time. On a day he didn't work he'd wake up, get on, and not go to bed until 3 in the morning. It was also pretty common for him to be on for a good 15 hours a day. It caused a lot of heartache and stress since we lived together. On top of all of this, he found a girl he started talking to on there (and remember he was on so often, so most of his time was spent talking to her). I understand it was over a computer screen and he wasn't physically cheating on me, but the pain due to the lack of emotional connection in our relationship was tremendous. I have reason to believe he actually did a lot of things I don't know about, things as unfaithful as you can get over the internet (naked pictures of her and such), although I don't have any actual evidence of this.

Either way, we broke up over a video game. We're back together now; I was too insecure when he came back to me, thinking I needed him to be happy, so I took him back. I've gained confidence in myself since, but he's been better to me and I'm happy with him now. If he ever pulls that shit with me again though, we're through.

Frasbee, I know what you mean about having to have a plan set up in order to go do something. My friend and his friend were dating at the time, and they'd come over quite often. We'd have to have everything laid out for my boyfriend before he'd even consider getting off Wow. I think he just used it as an excuse to stay on..."well we don't have a plan, so I'm going to keep playing until we know what we're doing." Although before the game it was perfectly fine for us to just leave without a specific destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    Did anyone see the WoW video? Some dude who played it like 247 died in real life and his in game friends decided to give him an ingame funeral. 2 minutes into the ceremony, some guild who hates all their guts come rushing in and pwns everyone. It was so funny.

Heres the vid:

[url]http://spikedhumor.com/articles/22282/WoW_Funeral_Ambush_Video.html[/url]
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast