+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have recently come to the conclusion...

Quote Originally Posted by derm View Post
    VW are shit as are all German car manufacturers. Japanese rule in that area.
    If I want a car to just go around town in, I get a Japanese car. If I want a sports car I go German. I am fully aware how fast Japanese cars can get, and how well they are built. But I think we can both agree that American car makers suck.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    If I want a car to just go around town in, I get a Japanese car. If I want a sports car I go German. I am fully aware how fast Japanese cars can get, and how well they are built. But I think we can both agree that American car makers suck.
    American cars suck, poor quality tanks, with no performance, that do nothing for the ozone layer.

Have a collection of everything and the Germans ain't in there at the top. Totally overrated!...Dont get me wrong, they make nice looking prestige motors which are comfortable, well built, but lack any real reliability or quality.

The Japs are waaaaay ahead on reliability, performance etc etc
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Have a collection of everything and the Germans ain't in there at the top. Totally overrated!...Dont get me wrong, they make nice looking prestige motors which are comfortable, well built, but lack any real reliability or quality.
    Question I keep on hearing things BMW is spending money on (ie the night vision for night time driving and the self parking) and I hear nothing from any of the Japanese luxury car makers. I am not saying they are spending nothing on research and have you, but it seems nothing really is coming from them. Also I check to see how many 2006 cars where recalled from the luxury car makers from both countries that sell cars here and its baically a tie. The Japs had one more car recall than the Germans did.

The Japs are waaaaay ahead on reliability, performance etc etc
    Really? I can show you video of a Suzuki Reno beating a Subaru WRX in a rally race. The reason I mention this is that the engine that is in the Reno (I have the same car) has German designed tranny and the exact same engine is used in the Opel cars. I can't totally tell you how reliable the Reno is becuase this is the 2nd year I had it. But it seems to take the beating I give it tho. I won't disagree with you on the reliality thng at all as my dad use to run a saw show and used Toyota pickup truck and run them into 150k plus miliage with bearly any problems. And those trucks where put thru hell.

Question I keep on hearing things BMW is spending money on (ie the night vision for night time driving and the self parking) and I hear nothing from any of the Japanese luxury car makers. I am not saying they are spending nothing on research and have you, but it seems nothing really is coming from them. Also I check to see how many 2006 cars where recalled from the luxury car makers from both countries that sell cars here and its baically a tie. The Japs had one more car recall than the Germans did.

Really? I can show you video of a Suzuki Reno beating a Subaru WRX in a rally race. The reason I mention this is that the engine that is in the Reno (I have the same car) has German designed tranny and the exact same engine is used in the Opel cars. I can't totally tell you how reliable the Reno is becuase this is the 2nd year I had it. But it seems to take the beating I give it tho. I won't disagree with you on the reliality thng at all as my dad use to run a saw show and used Toyota pickup truck and run them into 150k plus miliage with bearly any problems. And those trucks where put thru hell.

I agree the Germans [Europeans in gereral] are way ahead as regards tecnology new inovations etc

The japs are more into reliability and getting the most out of their engines and mechanical parts. They adopt the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' approach as regards electrics etc

A friend of mine works for 'Snap On' programming fault codes for car ECU'S He tells me the japs tecnology is basic and bullet proof as regards reliability. The European car manufacturers are always trying to advance to improve on fuel economy, but are very unreliable.

The thing with a jap car is if it has a fault it's the same fault in every model..Design fault

German cars are different, it could be a different fault with ever car.....Quality problem.

Over here the car breakers go crazy for German cars as they know they will sell every bit from them. With the japs it's the same part sold from every car.

The WRX is not super quick. I have the STI tuned version which is a big step up, and I tell you it would give any car a run for it's money!

I am fully aware of how the Japs work when it comes to their cars. I aint never going to argue their relablity at all. And I agree that the Germans are more for advancement in any area even if it is not broken. But the earlier German cars that where made during and after WWWII where relalibe as heck.

Heres the link to the video:

[url]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7104953972288808401&q=suzuki+reno&hl=en[/url]

I have the STI
    oh god! you guys are so immersed in car-speek, you didn't even notice anything when you bought this "STI tuned version".

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    STI?

sexually transmitted illness?

That's what they call 'em nowadays y'know. STD is out the door.

I am fully aware of how the Japs work when it comes to their cars. I aint never going to argue their relablity at all. And I agree that the Germans are more for advancement in any area even if it is not broken. But the earlier German cars that where made during and after WWWII where relalibe as heck.

Heres the link to the video:

[url]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7104953972288808401&q=suzuki+reno&hl=en[/url]
    Were reliable but still not super quality. They all ran on plugs and points with no engine management systems or fuel injection so there the electrical system was pretty basic.

Thanks for the link, but that guy wasn't even pushing the Scooby and he seemed to be having traction problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    oh god! you guys are so immersed in car-speek, you didn't even notice anything when you bought this "STI tuned version".
    Subaru Tecnica International..........NOT Sexually Transmitted Infection

of course, i'm sure you can tell the difference between a car and an STI, but I still wouldn't buy anything with that acronym in it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123