+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do these things make me "immature"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I still find it interesting that all the women posting here have had at least some kind of personal connection to a loser whose life revolves around gaming.
    Not me. Sorry to break your trend. I have never dated a guy who was addicted to gaming.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I still find it interesting that all the women posting here have had at least some kind of personal connection to a loser whose life revolves around gaming.
    Exactly and nuff said.

Well most of us in this thread Indi ...you are an exception

Anyway Im outta here...Im bored

Well, almost everyone then
    Last edited by lahnnabell; 19-06-10 at 03:20 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lanna how old are you? This is alomost clearly more of a younger generation thing...

I'm 25. And I'm not saying I don't enjoy video gaming occasionally, but I can't stomach it at the level that my guy friends or boyfriend can. I love playing MW2 and Left 4 Dead, but for about an hour, then I have to move on or my legs start to fall asleep.

It's a generational thing, yes. But not as young as you think. I know plenty of guys that were well into their 20's before they decided to cut down on their gaming significantly. This usually happened after they went through a tough break-up. In an effort to improve themselves and move up, they worked harder in school or at work, upgraded their jobs or got a second job, saved money, started managing their finances, etc.

In my experience, women take on these life challenges much more readily than men do. I know more men than women that have difficulty aging and growing up and assuming responsibility over their lives. This is generally a result of being coddled my mommy, in my opinion. Boys get soft and weak and develop giant Peter Pan complexes. All men? Certainly not. I know many that have though. This is why I see video games as a form of escapism. It doesn't have to be, of course. That depends on the person and their priorities though. And learning how to prioritize comes from your parents and/or teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Lanna how old are you? This is alomost clearly more of a younger generation thing...
    It's why I decided to opt out and offer no more input...

Had I been younger and with a younger guy, say teens, early twenties, I doubt I'd have minded so much that he played games and especially if we were just dating.

Because I'm now a woman in my 30's, all grown up and with a child, I have no desire to be involved with a man who plays video games. And I'd be looking for a guy in his 30's, not a late teen/early 20's guy, who may still be at the stage where he likes to/or enjoys video games. If he wants some action, then I can provide all the action he needs and I'd be hoping I'd be doing so....lol

Robot said, his friends gf's dont mind them playing....but how old are these girls he is talking?? Certainly they will not be in their 30's like me, but more likely to be late teens/early 20's. Am sure if they were married, with kids and to these guys who played, they'd be bloody whinging and moaning alright and especially if it's all he was doing.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In the "younger generation" I mean pretty much right up until you got kids which is about 30-40's so it's not "teens"

I definitely think that video gaming is something you graduate from. As you grow up and get older, you acquire new responsibilities and priorities. Home maintenance (no more mommy cleaning after you!), jobs (no more allowance!), continuing your education, practicing healthy ways to cultivate new relationships and friendships, having kids. All of that stuff takes time and becomes priority as we grow.

Gaming can be great downtime for people, but the majority of the time out of your day shouldn't be downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    You haven't played very many video games. Tomorrow I'm going to a lan party. Me and three of my friends will be lugging our computers and all the caffeinated beverages and greasy snacks we can to my bud's basement. Once there will shall proceed to smack talk, bullshit, insult and carry on like a pack of neanderthals. No different from a group of guys gathered to watch a football game.
    Um, I think I should mention that I also find watching sports to be a ridiculous waste of time. And TV as well, for the most part. I do like watching movies, though. And reading. I'm not against sitting still, but I'm generally of the "get off your ass" school of leisure pursuits. Give me a kayak and a picnic and that's a perfect day.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    At the risk of offending people, I must confess that I find playing video games to be a completely pointless endeavor. It is NOT the same thing as going out to lunch with your friends, because that entails interfacing with other people. Playing video games does not, even if you're playing with friends, you're not paying attention to them, you're paying attention to the game. I've never been able to play a video game for any length of time without starting to feel that it was a huge waste of my time, my attention and myself.
    I can't discern the difference between gaming and reading, or playing checkers even.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    You belong to the 'younger' generation don't you?

I believe that I said, that I saw them more for the younger generation, as opposed to my age which is early 30's....
    HAHAHAHAHA!

Early 30's?

You have no idea how wrong your presumptions are.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I can't discern the difference between gaming and reading, or playing checkers even.
    I think with reading, you're putting something in your brain. Hopefully, you would read good books. I don't discern the difference between video games and reading trash novels, though. Playing checkers, like having lunch with friends, creates an opportunity for conversation.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 19-06-10 at 04:19 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

I love playing MW2 and Left 4 Dead, but for about an hour, then I have to move on or my legs start to fall asleep.
    I have a easy way to avoid that from happening, I play standing up and walk around.... haha

This is why I see video games as a form of escapism. It doesn't have to be, of course. That depends on the person and their priorities though.
    Ok, what about games being a way to release stress for instance? I've been needing a gaming session for a while, not thinking and just being worried about dodging virtual bullets makes me feel better for a little while.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I think with reading, you're putting something in your brain. Hopefully, you would read good books. I don't discern the difference between video games and reading trash novels. though. Playing checkers, like having lunch with friends, creates an opportunity for conversation.
    I talk with my buddy in Philly all the time.

Nothing like discussing my renewed life in Philadelphia while teaming up to slaughter people from all over the world.

In any case, like none of you don't waste an enormous amount of time on this forum alone, much less all those "networking" sites.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast