+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the term "Cougar" degrading?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    ha ha ha, what?!? I'm sorry but your post is ridiculous. It's not a bad thing for women to be the sexual aggressor and doing so doesn't make younger men a weaker force.
    Hey, not all women are completely beyond their body image issues or have admitted and dealt with all their insecurities. Most are in some form of denial, and rhetoric like that is what they tell themselves. You have to consider the other point of view. Try and imagine what it must feel like for a woman. If you were a woman Neo, I'm sure you would tell yourself the same thing and believe it.

Sure it sounds ridiculous, and it couldn't be further from the truth, but you have to consider a person's feeling as well. If you're not completely comfortable with yourself, you'll convince yourself of all sorts of things so you can feel better. It's not easy to be a woman in the western world. There are unrealistic images of the ideal beauty all over the place, it's hard on a woman's self esteem. You really can't blame women for wanting to feel chased and desired. You really can't call their personal view ridiculous, because if you were a woman I'm sure you'd tell yourself and believe the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I love the fantasy of cougars. In reality I tend to think of chardonnay breathed tragics.
    Yes, this is the part that makes the label unflattering. Aggressive, horny women.

Of course, I suppose this caricature plays into the fantasies of some younger men.
    Last edited by shh!; 13-09-08 at 10:00 AM.

Asparagoose, I don't think you understood my post. I have no problem with men being the 'hunter' and women the 'prey.' I took issue with shh! portrarying a reversal of these roles with older females as a bad thing and the younger males as victims.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about it myself. Yes, cougars are predatory, but they're also beautiful, strong, majestic animals. I suppose it depends on the context for the most part.
    Cougars don't have to be crazy aggressive or anything. Wouldn't they still be a cougar if they saw a younger guy and felt OK approaching him? Does there have to be that component of aggression? I think the problem is that when the woman initiates, people look at it as more aggressive than when a guy does

Oh please. I think it's funny when you do. I'm so NOT cougarish though. I never go "on the prowl" for men,
    Of course you aren't a cougar, because the guys want YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Of course, I suppose this caricature plays into the fantasies of some younger men.
    I want to have sex with girls of a variety of ages. Being 19 now, I would bone a chick that was 16, 19, or 30, and everything in between

Neo - Who said anything about it being "bad" if older women chase after younger guys? All I said was that I would be embarrassed if someone wrote that article about me. Still, I went back and re-read the article. Are you trying to say that you think women should be flattered to be spoken of like this?

The segment describes cougars as the easiest and most ravenous prey for younger men."

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't see how ANY guy, regardless of age, can be considered a "victim" of being coerced into sex by a female, unless they were drugged and chained to a bed and sodomized with a red hot poker

If that is considered being a victim, please victimize me someone

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagoose View Post
    But I just like the fact that you play games. It's so rare to find a girl who really enjoys playing video games. More than anything else, it's about having fun with great company. Your bf is a really lucky guy.
    I think it depends on whether the girl grew up around games like Starbuck did. Most girls were playing around with other girls doing 'girly' things.

I am the only girl in my family and the parents were strict about visiting other friends so if I wanted to play then I had to play with the boys. They grew up first on Atari and then Nintendo, Playstation, etc and as a result so did I. Give my a racing game anyday...hmmm, I love racing. ...also strategy, etc. They tried to get me into fighting games but I just like to watch. I do like first person shooting games though. My ex introduced me to first person shooting and simulation PC games and they are the best in my opinion (or at least back then). I don't play anymore .

I bet it would be fun but I would become too addicted and end up dropping out of school rofl.
    Last edited by lesa; 13-09-08 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I don't see how ANY guy, regardless of age, can be considered a "victim" of being coerced into sex by a female, unless they were drugged and chained to a bed and sodomized with a red hot poker

If that is considered being a victim, please victimize me someone
    OOOO really? Okay get ready....

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the thing to point out here is that cougars have to be attractive. They've got to offer bodies hardened by desperate cheating-father-time gym use, retouched and/or enlarged boobs, dress with style and class, and have a voracious sexual appetite and a desire to take control in the bedroom.

Just being old and wanting younger cock doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.

shh! says:

"Neo - Who said anything about it being "bad" if older women chase after younger guys? All I said was that I would be embarrassed if someone wrote that article about me."

you insinuated that it's a bad thing for older women to make sexual advances towards a younger male.

"Don't you get it? If the woman is the "cougar", then the young guys are the "prey". This doesn't have anything at all to do with how young men feel about being the prey - it has to do with women being the sexual aggressor against a weaker force."

nowhere did you mention anything that suggests you would be embarrassed if the article was written about you.

"Still, I went back and re-read the article. Are you trying to say that you think women should be flattered to be spoken of like this?"

no, I don't think it's flattering for older women to be spoken of like the description you posted.
    Last edited by NeoSeminole; 13-09-08 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    OOOO really? Okay get ready....
    LOL, Lesa. You're so sweet and innocent, but just a lil bit kinky, too.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    nowhere did you mention anything that suggests you would be embarrassed if the article was written about you.
    Really? See post #3, which also argues against your assertion that I implied it is "bad" for women to pursue men.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I think I'd be embarrassed if such an article was written about me. It makes the women sound very sexually aggressive, which equates with trampiness and/or desperation in our culture, whether or not it's fair. Some things never change.
    Last edited by shh!; 13-09-08 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I think it depends on whether the girl grew up around games like Starbuck did.
    Most girls were playing around with other girls doing 'girly' things.

I bet it would be fun but I would become too addicted
    and end up dropping out of school rofl.
    You have to grow up around playing video games to like them.
    MMOs are a lot worse than FPS in the form of addiction.
    ( World of Warcraft ) is a very good example of what not to play.

P.S. We own a PS2 & Wii, as well as Nintendo DS ( Other brothers ) +
    Sony PSP ( Mine ) that we play on the go.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

shh!, refer to my last response to you. I don't read every person's posts on LF. I was commenting on your reply to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat View Post
    MMOs are a lot worse than FPS in the form of addiction.
    ( World of Warcraft ) is a very good example of what not to play.
    OMG MMOs are EXTREMELY addictive. The creators must put some type of hypnosis when playing those games.

Playing with other live people is the best but I would stay away....far away hehe.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast