+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New GF is driving me mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Confused2005
    My own behaviour?

As far as I can tell I just wanted to be treated right...
    According to who's standards? The mistake you're making is assuming that anyone else's values are, or even should be, at all similar to your own. Let go of that expectation in all things and you'll be a lot less aggravated by anything that may ever happen around you.

As for all the US vs. Europe bashing going on in this thread, in my eyes, it's much like two adolescent boys getting into a flap over who's got the bigger dick and just about as valuable.
    Speak less. Say more.

It's pretty imature of you confused to flip out at everyone just because you didn't like the advice given, grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    It's pretty imature of you confused to flip out at everyone just because you didn't like the advice given
    Boring, too.

Anyway, let's pretend I think you are right, confused. Does this make your relentless pestering acceptable? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Boring, too.

Anyway, let's pretend I think you are right, confused. Does this make your unrelentless pestering acceptable? I think not.
    I agree with this post.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh my goodness!!! It just goes to show how immature people can really be. Members gave you advice and told you that going to her house was unacceptable after she had stated and made it clear she didn't want to talk to you, and since you didn't like what they said you turned to insulting members instead of realizing what you did was wrong....

Second, she obviously felt uncomfortable telling you how she felt which is why she wrote in a letter (either that or she's a coward). That was wrong, but you calling her all the time and texting her and then even after you get no response (which tells you she doesn't want to talk to you) you then go to her house, that was wrong! Move on and except that you will not get any answers and this will happen from time to time and you will have no control over it!

People crack me up!
    Last edited by Rosebud; 14-03-06 at 11:31 PM.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseB
    Oh my goodness!!! It just goes to show how immature people can really be. Members gave you advice and told you that going to her house was unacceptable after she had stated and made it clear she didn't want to talk to you, and since you didn't like what they said you turned to insulting members instead of realizing what you did was wrong....

Second, she obviously felt uncomfortable telling you how she felt which is why she wrote in a letter (either that or she's a coward). That was wrong, but you calling you all the time and texting her and then even after you get no response (which tells you she doesn't want to talk to you) you then go to her house, that was wrong! Move on and excpet that you will not get any answers and this will happen from time to time and you will have no control over it!

People crack me up!
    Third, USA > Confused2005.

Just to clarify not all people from the UK are like this Idiot.

Just to clarify not all people from the UK are like this Idiot.
    Aww, we know this converse! I actually have liked virtually everyone I have met from there.

Aww, we know this converse! I actually have liked virtually everyone I have met from there.
    Oooh Cool! I've met some nice Americans too.

Oooh Cool! I've met some nice Americans too.
    Were they packing pistols? Did they chase you through the streets while you ran for your life?

Were they packing pistols? Did they chase you through the streets while you ran for your life?

Lol exactly nope. They were quite hot actually.

bleh i hate this tech stuff too. i have the best conversations wiht the girl i like over AIM. but when it comes to real life or phone, we just stutter.... and both she and I are very articulate people. just not with each other, unfortunately.

Guys let's respect one another. Let's not be quick to judge. Bashing each other will not do any good. What we all have in common is we all want to be happy and share that happiness with someone we really love and care about.

I do have to agree with Confused2005 that Europe and USA are very different in culture. Most of my life I lived here, but I've been to Europe. There are many cultures in the world that are totally different, so that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. You have to have been there to really know what I'm talking about. For example, in Italy people are very emotional, vocal, they feel. Rent the movie The Last Kiss (Ultimo bacio, L' (2001)) and you might get some sense of how drastically different that culture is. One instance a guy is so in love with his ex, he yells, he screams for her to come out...etc. If this were here, he'd be in jail, with a restraining order against him. I do love America and think that it's still the best country in the world. That said, there are so many laws here, and you can get sued for just about anything. And I also notice people here are very quick to label you a freak (stalker, etc.) I'm not sure where this comes from. Why people are so eager to point a finger - to put down. It might come from the fact that unconsciously they know how persecuted they'd be if they had done something that seemed like stalking, etc. to someone. So, in some ways Europeans are freer than Americans - if you've been to Europe you'll understand.

Again, we need to try and understand each other - be more kind to one another.

Hate = Fear
    Last edited by JohnMalkovich; 15-03-06 at 02:26 PM.
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"

I feel an overwhelming desire to sing kumbaya...

*gathers everyone around fire and sneaks out for ear plugs*
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast