+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do women have problems with "metrosexual" men?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Ed Hardy shirts, ripped faded jeans, white sunglasses and spiked hair with highlights is not in style. Only douchebags think that it is.
    Pff, my bf likes Ed Hardy and HE IS NOT , I repeat, HE IS NOT a douche bag. Lol Juju Douche bag, this must be a joke
    I wazzzz here

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think anyone who adheres to a specific style is a boring dolt who I have absolutely no interest in. Reminds me of high school. Five individuals and a horde of clones.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My fiance is pretty metro, but he does have this weird fetish about wearing very obnoxious outfits to the golf course. His pants are things of legend. This used to bother me, but now I just find it funny that he has the balls to be different and not give a crap.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Pff, my bf likes Ed Hardy and HE IS NOT , I repeat, HE IS NOT a douche bag. Lol Juju Douche bag, this must be a joke
    Does he like Ed Hardy the artist?

Or Ed Hardy the brand which is owned and designed by Christian Audigier. Ed Hardy himself has said he finds the brand and its designs tacky.

It might be different where you are from. But being a douchebag doesn't mean you are a bad person. It's a style type which sometimes bleeds into personality type.

This article is a good test, though Abercrombie and Fitch can be substituted for Von Dutch and Ed Hardy. The latter brands have sort of taken over from where Abercrombie and Fitch left off.

[url=http://www.campussqueeze.com/post/69-Ways-Youre-A-Douchebag.aspx]69 Ways To Know You're A Douchebag | Campus Squeeze[/url]

Thanks Cosmo for the link. Douche guys there seem to be doing quite well, so this might even be an ad for "douchebagism". :-P I took the quizz, and hey, I actually might not be a douche (!!) with only 2-3 positive answers. LOL

Thx bluesummer, vashti and Papillon for some positive sympathy towards metros. This makes "us" feel loved too. LOL ;-)

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If I see anyone wearing Ed Hardy anything, I immediately write them of as a tool with no idea.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    One of these days, I am going to have to notice what an Ed Hardy piece of clothing looks like. Generally speaking though, I don't care for males that are slaves to name brands. Actually, they are usually too young to be taken seriously, anyway.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I worked 3rd shift at a shipping plant for a summer, and midway through the season a bunch of guys started working there. They wore pointy shoes and cologne and tight shirts, and we all said "gay gay gay". Then we realized they were European. LOL.

More on topic, I remember reading about the "coming of age" rituals in Europe and America, respectively, and while the European boy always ventured into the big city to become a man, the American boy traditionally left the city to learn how to fend for himself and be self-sufficient. At least in folk traditions. I definitely think this has shaped many people's opinions of what it means to be masculine - in Europe it is more about style and sophistication, in America it is more about raw strength and resourcefulness. (I know I'm overgeneralizing.) I could never get excited about European men, as much as I wanted to.

^^ I agree with that. City life put the metro in 'metrosexual' after all.

The whole "metrosexual" thing is just a label and a fad. I doubt if anyone exists that fits that stereotype. There are guys who like to be nice, there are guys who like to dress gay, there are guys who are too sensitive and all of them can be completely different from one another, and there are women out there who will despise and others who will love each one of them.

In other words, the OP's question has too many assumptions that don't live up to the reality.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yeah, then again it is just a label after all.
    Just wear the clothes you like and not give a damn what anyone thinks.
    Sometimes people are too judgmental. This is a sign of their ignorance and stupidity (;

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Does he like Ed Hardy the artist?

Or Ed Hardy the brand which is owned and designed by Christian Audigier. Ed Hardy himself has said he finds the brand and its designs tacky.

It might be different where you are from. But being a douchebag doesn't mean you are a bad person. It's a style type which sometimes bleeds into personality type.

This article is a good test, though Abercrombie and Fitch can be substituted for Von Dutch and Ed Hardy. The latter brands have sort of taken over from where Abercrombie and Fitch left off.

[url=http://www.campussqueeze.com/post/69-Ways-Youre-A-Douchebag.aspx]69 Ways To Know You're A Douchebag | Campus Squeeze[/url]
    He likes the brand Ed Hardy, he wears their tshirts . It's also because his mum has boutique and since this year, she started to sell also Ed Hardy clothes and accessories . He likes their design. I don't , I don't like those skulls etc, but my bf is not even close to being a douche, so your theory is a little bad He's wearing actually a bit of everything , including suits.

And Dopp is right, everybody wears brands that they like, what is the big deal, Jesus
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 24-05-10 at 03:48 PM.
    I wazzzz here

It's not a big deal. But where I'm from you don't purchase an Ed Hardy shirt unless your self-declaring yourself as a douchebag. I mean, its a $70 t-shirt.

I'm a huge proponent of 'to each his own' but buying certain brands where I'm from is a way of self-declaring and choosing where you fit in.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    People around where I live routinely spend $70-$100 on a t-shirt. I have spent that much on a t-shirt. But Ed-Hardy remains strictly the reserve of douches. People would laugh at you around here, but it's a really beaches culture. It's different in other parts of the city.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmm, as I said, his mum has a boutique with clothes from Versace, MaxMara etc etc and since this year she sells Ed Hardy too. They can have such brands for 1/3 of the prize that is in normal shops, as they always order a lot straight at headquarter of those brands in Paris. My bf wears brands like Boss,Versace but also Diesel or Desigual etc, but it's because of the quality of materials they use . And not all of their clothes are very expensive. In his case, he's very tall, he prefers to spend a bit more on jeans but have them for few years,since it's pretty difficult to find the perfect size for him. Well, some people buy expensive clothes to show off, in this case, they probably haven't much money in the past and they feel the need to show to everybody that they can have such expensive stuff. For other people, such clothes are something normal,you wouldn't probably see them wearing brand clothes ,because they don't have big D&G signs all over them .
    I wazzzz here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast