+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Head over heels with an old flame

So this is one of those "grab the reins" kind of things, huh? Jump or don't, sink or swim, stop being a wimp and take control. It's weird because I haven't been in a situation like this forever and I've lost how to deal with it. Oh, another thing, this guy's a rebound of sorts. She dated some other guy for a few years, broke up with him and started dating this guy. I could always beat his ass, too, right?
    Life is too short, so love the one ya got, cause you might get run over or ya might get shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Then she isnt my girl. I dont have a girl. Why is your girl banging someone else?
    lol...cause she's a slut...j/k...no, i was kidding around, the girl i want is with someone now, i think i told you...so that's what i meant by my girl is banging someone else
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

It's weird because I haven't been in a situation like this forever and I've lost how to deal with it.
    Let it happen naturally dude, it's never easy no matter how many times you try to win over a girl. From what you mentioned she's definitely into you, take your time and just make her feel special. Let her know how you feel that's very important. Get together with her and just have fun. The rest will take care of itself.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Well, thanks a lot for the help. I made this topic with no ideas in mind and I've been handed at least four in the last hour. You people are awesome and if this works out, I'll be right back on here thanking you all. Wish me luck because this is the week.
    Life is too short, so love the one ya got, cause you might get run over or ya might get shot.

Oh, and don't be afraid to keep posting, either. Who knows if this will explode right in my face.

What's really weird is that her boyfriend's name is Rich. My name is Rich, too. Her name is Amanda. My Ex is named Amanda. Is that a sign or prophecy or something?

Keep us posted and I hope everything works out.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeless419
    What's really weird is that her boyfriend's name is Rich. My name is Rich, too. Her name is Amanda. My Ex is named Amanda. Is that a sign or prophecy or something?
    hahah...yea it's kinda weird but i wouldn't read too much into it.

Good luck. Thats some wierd coincidence with the names.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quick question...how often do you think I should call her? How often is too often? Or should I stop calling her altogether and wait for her to call me? Should I act regardless of whether or not I feel I missed my opportunity? It's nearing crunch time and I need some confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeless419
    Quick question...how often do you think I should call her? How often is too often? Or should I stop calling her altogether and wait for her to call me? Should I act regardless of whether or not I feel I missed my opportunity? It's nearing crunch time and I need some confidence.

Well , You obviously did not miss your opportunity since you are thinking of talking to her. Missing an opportunity would mean something more along the lines of "physically impossible" or "never going to happen no matter what". Call her all you want...be honest on how you feel and if she doesnt want it then youll know.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

UPDATE: I knew it. It blew up right in my f*cking face. I spilled it to her in person and, apparently, she's way too into this guy. I gave her an old ring of mine a few weeks ago, and before I left her house tonight, she said she'd wear it forever. Sounds to me like she doesn't want to hurt this other guy's feelings. This is the worst moment of my f*cking life. I want to curl up in a ball and sleep forever...

hi. it's okay. you told her and that was a good thing. now the ball is in her court and you don't have the pressure of doing anything. NOW... either she stays with him or goes with you. what will she do?

at least you told her. so many people never even get that chance.

No, it was her telling me that she's not leaving this guy for me, pretty much, but, true, at least she knows now, she's just playing the whole "you'll-get-over-me" thing, and she's trying to hook me up with one of her old ugly friends that liked me back in high school. She doesn't get that she is the only woman that I want right now. She told me that if I had come along a month earlier, things would be different. I guess that I have nothing to lose now if I were to plant a kiss on her, huh?

i don't think a month is long enough to be THAT into him, you know?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast