+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: is it normal to want an older man?

That's okay, it's in the past... just learn the lesson. Say NO to any "man" who will not put on a rubber and stop blaming young boys for what you allowed to go on. You have to take some responsiblity for your own actions or you'll never learn not to do it again if you keep thinking you're a victim. If he didn't take you by force then you volunteered.

This guy just seems nice, mature, repsectful. I feel he's someone I can trust. I think he might feel I'm special and care about me.
    You don't even know if for keeeerist sakes. Stop thinking anything about his character. People EARN your trust you don't just trust them on "a feeling." No wonder you're getting yourself into trouble so young.

Ya you have no idea from an older man's perspective what an 18 year old girl is to them. He probably would be flattered but would respectfully stay clear or use you for the sex because there is no future being with someone so young....like I said, nothing in common, he's gonna grow tired of you. Mature middle age minds need compatability on an intellectual and maturity level.

I can tell that's he's a very caring person. What if we are just two lonely people? Of course we are very different, but so are any two people.

coedmary18, everyone on this thread has told you (providing valid reasons) that it's not a good idea for you to approach this man. You asked for advice and you got it. Now it's up to you to do whatever you choose with it.

Thank you. I do really appreciate it.

Love has no age boundry

Love is Not enough to form a successful relationship.

linda32, most who have given you advice on this thread are middle aged so we are giving an older person's perspective....yes we were all 18 once and I'm sure we would agree how naive we were at that age.

I've read your postings and you do sound like an immature young girl who has a lot to experience and learn from in life and relationships.
    Firstly, you had a bad relationship and got preggers at 16 then blame the guy that he didn't want to wear a condom. It's as much his fault as it was yours. You are 100% to blame for your own actions. So I hope you learnt from your mistakes. Also, not all young guys are "frat" boys who are alcoholics and want to fu(k. Open your eyes to all those other boys who are in your school but don't attend those frat parties and havent hooked up with your girlfriends. Now it is normal for a girl to have a crush on an older man. Richard Gere is 20 years older than Julia Roberts and "pretty woman" was a huge success. Ever heard the expression "men age like fine wine, and women just age".
    There is nothing wrong with an 18 dating a 50 yr old just as long your on the same level of maturity. But also note that if a family of your own is what you want in life, this may be very difficult given the big age difference.
    And don't be naive into thinking that just because a man is older doesn't mean they don't drink or won't refuse to wear a rubber. Everyone has their demons and skeletons in their closet and when comparing a young 20 yr old boy to a 50 yr old man, 9/10 the 50 yr old will have a lot more skeletons in his closet. Be careful what you wish for

I hear ya, I started dating someone 16 years older than me, but I didn't realize how much older he was when I first saw him. I guess it's a good thing I look older than my age and he looks younger than his! In any case, there are lots of things I didn't think about when I first got involved. For one, I feel weird bringing him around my friends because I worry he'll think they're immature, and I have felt uncomfortable around his as some of his friends are even older than he is and are close to my parents' age. His friends have poked fun at our age difference and called me his daughter, and I know they were trying to be funny but it hurts. Not to mention if we end up together, his health, his looks, etc. that could all change in just a few years. I know I will likely grow old alone. But for the time being, I really like being with him and I don't notice an age difference when we're together.

That said, my advice is to proceed with caution! Give it a chance if you're curious, you'll never know unless you try.

There is a big different between being 16 years apart and being 32 years apart.

The heart wants what it wants. :-)

Now I just have to figure out how seduce this big old hunk.

Also, by the way, aren't middle aged men a lot slower coming in bed?? With the few young guys I've been with they just finish before I'm even getting started :-(

I call troll.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast