+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drunken Stupidity...

I dunno...it's the same in a few places around there, but then again he has one of those pay as you go gizmos. The damn thing gives a roaming signal when a semi gets too close, I swear. I've been there and seen that piece of crap not get reception when a real phone, like the T-Mobile I had, comes in strong. If he uses the cell, he has to go outside to the deck when he's called me...but the phone situation is another pisser entirely because...well, I'm not going to get into that one. That's another blog for another forum, but lets just say that once again I'm expected to make all the concessions while he sits back and thinks he's Mr. Special...

Wait wait wait... Metal roof, bad cell coverage, Pay as you go plans? Does he work?! i have a shitty job that pays crap and makes me work long hours and i STILL have enough to afford a decent phone company and a nice place.

I'm glad you decided to get rid of this guy, i don't like the sounds of him every post you make

PS: Is your avatar a picture of you?
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by DisN_Dat View Post
    I couldn't agree more, but now I'm left with how do I get this message through to him?
    If you can't talk to him on the phone, just leave a voice mail saying you are through and that's it. If you like you can send an email. You have it easy because you are in an LDR. Just cut off all contact, don't pick up any more of his calls or answer his messages and that's it. Easy.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by The_bobb View Post
    Wait wait wait... Metal roof, bad cell coverage, Pay as you go plans? Does he work?! i have a shitty job that pays crap and makes me work long hours and i STILL have enough to afford a decent phone company and a nice place.

I'm glad you decided to get rid of this guy, i don't like the sounds of him every post you make

PS: Is your avatar a picture of you?
    Heh-heh...Yes, he has a nine to five, but he lives about 45 minutes from work. His place is waaaaay out in the stix, and it is a re-furbished quarters where there used to be a logging camp. Not a bad little place, and it has these super thick walls and floors made from really nice wood. The roof is corrugated metal and overlayed with shingling. Sturdy place, but I suppose if it needed to withstand hurricanes all these years, it would have to be. He (much like myself) wasn't part of the cell phone genre (heck, we didn't even have calculators when I went to school, and pong was as far as I got for video games! lol!), so a pay as you go is all he really ever needed since he's not a chatty sort...and in fact his lack of contact, sometimes for weeks at a time has always been a sore point for me (being and LDR after all). A land line is all he ever needed except years ago when he owned a country store out there. He's generally asleep by 8 pm and awake around 2 am in order to get to work by 4:30. It's not like he lives in a lean-to shack and panhandles on the corner (though I hear that pays pretty well). Lots of trees knock out phone service regularly in bad weather though because the growth out there is tall and thick. Being here with the cactus and scorpions is a real shock to me when I've been at his place because we just don't have those thick mantles of trees here except in the groves and orchards, but they really don't compare.

Yes, the avatar is me taken last November on my 51st birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    If you can't talk to him on the phone, just leave a voice mail saying you are through and that's it. If you like you can send an email. You have it easy because you are in an LDR. Just cut off all contact, don't pick up any more of his calls or answer his messages and that's it. Easy.
    I don't know...that sort of sounds, well, icky! Just leaving a dear john message or shooting an email just doesn't seem right to me. Of course, until these storms pass through there, he won't have computer service and his answering machine (yes, it's a machine, not a service) won't pick up anyway if the power isn't staying on. I tried calling earlier, but just the the electronic sound. I know from past experience it isn't recording at this point. Maybe I don't owe him any explanations, but just leaving a message doesn't sound quite right to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123