+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: fake mini

oh, cool, I've been to Munich briefly (my aunt lives there)

Skoda basically used to make cheap unreliable cars, which is probably actually why VW bought them; when we came home with our Skoda, and our neighbour saw it, he grimaced and said "errr.. a skoda?" but these days they are all audi and VW parts and are good cars- enabling VW to 'tier' their brands for all kinds of income ranges, without 'de-valuing' the Audi brand by having poor people drive it. It's really a damn clever strategy.

We wanted to get a Yaris, but for some reason we couldn't get the Yaris Verso version, and the Yaris here was only available without headrests for the backseats, which wouldn't be safe.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Grr!!... is anyone else having problems with the server being slow? I've been trying to respond to posts, but I am going to have to give up.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    jurupa - it is true that I am seeing a lot more hyundais on the road these days. I take that to mean they have improved the quality of the car, which I suppose also means the prices will be rising.
    The price will most probably go up, but not that much because Hyundai is not a luxury brand. And with the Civic going up as much as it is, I bet Hyundai, Kia, and Suzuki will get people who want a cheap car that are dependable for the price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    this is probably true. being called a bush supporter doesn't, however, have quite the same ring as being called a nazi. Unless you want to compare the two, which would probably not be that far off the mark. However, you guys don't get teased for what nixon, or whoever it was.. did. Bush is doing this stuff on "your watch", not before you were born. I'm not saying that makes teasing highschool kids (who probably can't even vote yet?) any more appropriate, but still, it's not the same thing.
    I know its not the same thing, but I think what Bush did and may do, it may leave a sting on American people for some years. Remember the US is a young country compare to Germany. Its only a matter of time we do something that is negative and the world learns it in schools.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    i've never heard of such a thing and i have lots of friends from germany. well, they might tease me if i actually had liked bush but i make fun of bush with them. who the **** likes bush anyways?

what's your source? i'm interested.
    [url]http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,496731,00.html[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    my pimpmobile could beat your car in a race, and it's only got a v6. how do i know? i took it to a streetrace and i beat some spoiled girl with a 2005 mustang..
    Unless it was a GT, the girls mustang will also have a V6. But I don't know why you think beating a mustang is a big deal. I have raced and beaten a non GT mustang in a freeway race. At that time I only had lowering springs and a cold air intake. And my engine is smaller than it, as it is a 2.0 I4 engine.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    vash..that's because LA is upgrading the system now. before i wasn't even able to log in... you're lucky.

as for the civil.. blah. sure it's one of those cheap and reliable cars that everyone loves because it's easy on gas..but the down side is that since it's cheap, it's really easy to upgrade for racers. and this makes it an easy target if you're looking to rip off a car for parts or money.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

yeah, I couldn't respond to posts yesterday..

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If I could buy a new (affordable) car right now, I'd get the Honda Fit.

in fact, I still can't reply on the iphone thread. oh well.

huh, looks nice. If it was money no issue, I'd get a mustang, one of those from the 60s or 70s, only with a new fuel efficient engine and modern comforts. mm.. fantasy car. I should probably learn to drive first.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    If I could buy a new (affordable) car right now, I'd get the Honda Fit.

that's one crazy gittyup you want there, fraz.

if i could get a car, i would get this:

Here's a pic of my parents' car

.....but we're getting rid of that old hunk of junk for this....

A dumb old car to a old beat up ufo. I know, i'm really poor.
    Last edited by Jimmy1218; 31-07-07 at 01:33 PM.

you double posted, jimmy, delete one of those.

damn, still having trouble with the server.

hm, so yeah, I'd go for some kind of american muscle car;

it wouldn't even have to look all shiny and done up, as long as it had a good efficient engine
    and some safety stuff ie headrests/airbags whatever, it could look beaten up for all I care.
    I'd decorate it with grafiti It'd have poor-art-student-charm.

srry, idk how the hell did my message get doubleposted. But is that actually your car? Or is it a random pic you snatched from google like I did?

yeah, the server is being weird. maybe you just got impatient and hit the button twice- still it should catch that!

lol, I'm a student with no regular income and I don't even know *how* to drive yet, so no I don't own a car.. ahh, but if I did (and I was rich) that would be it.

anachronistic Guest
    i am a bit worried about my website.. it doesn't appear in a browser on my computer and i can't ftp in or anything... i am afraid i got hacked! weird! ****in' internet.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    AFFORDABLE, ya bastards.

You think I'd really wanna drive around in a hatch back when I could be cruisin' in somethin' sporty, or rugged?

There are no airbags in those old muscle cars. It's too bad, too, because I always wanted to drive around in one of those wearing a Laura Ashley dress and going to the farmer's market because it would be so incongruous.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast