+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should i date a 16 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    When a child becomes a man or woman physically,
    How do you determine when a child becomes a man or a woman physically? We're all familiar with the contrast between a considerable age gap of a few years between child and adult, but what of the gray area of the transition? Where is the line drawn between being a child and being an adult?

The State dabbles in the gray area and they have no right to.

I won't be.

It's up to the individual, their environment, their upbringing, their family, and their beliefs.

It's not for me or the state to say.

It's NOT Paedophilia if it's legal.

Different countries, different laws. Don't apply the law of your country onto the rest of the world, that's just dense.

Not evey country is run by outdated laws.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 14-08-09 at 11:42 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    No pitchforks here. I think people are just warning him. I don't think people should advocate pedofilia.

He will be a far happier person if he falls for someone around his age. He doesn't need a taboo in his life.

What people do with their own penis is their business. I think people are just offering advice and giving a heads up.
    Why do you have so much trouble wrapping your head around the fact that not everyone thinks 18 is adult?

16 is not taboo in his country.

People may think the age gap is a bit weird, but people do the same thing here when a older man dates an 18 year old in the US. You need to be more careful with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Why do you have so much trouble wrapping your head around the fact that not everyone thinks 18 is adult?

16 is not taboo in his country.

People may think the age gap is a bit weird, but people do the same thing here when a older man dates an 18 year old in the US. You need to be more careful with your words.
    True that, but still it's my opinion.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    True that, but still it's my opinion.
    Well I hope you keep them on the internet or yourself, because walking around calling people pedophiles is extremely flammatory.

I've been reading about statutory rape and the age of consent. As far as the law in the UK goes i'm not breaking any laws. I'm not a peodophile i am not a sexual predator who preys on young girls. I have the upmost respect for this girl and becoming friends is my main priority with her. At 24 i am still a virgin. Like others have said on this thread it is important to know a person properly before entering a relationship. People are quick to judge. No one here knows me and are just judging me from text thats been written on this thread. Coming to a conclusion that i am a peodophile based on no physical contact with me is just plain riduculous. People have the right to express their views but please think more before you air them. Thanks

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelost View Post
    I've been reading about statutory rape and the age of consent. As far as the law in the UK goes i'm not breaking any laws. I'm not a peodophile i am not a sexual predator who preys on young girls. I have the upmost respect for this girl and becoming friends is my main priority with her. At 24 i am still a virgin. Like others have said on this thread it is important to know a person properly before entering a relationship. People are quick to judge. No one here knows me and are just judging me from text thats been written on this thread. Coming to a conclusion that i am a peodophile based on no physical contact with me is just plain riduculous. People have the right to express their views but please think more before you air them. Thanks
    Don't worry dude, even though I would still advise against it (for other reasons), I got yo back.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well. My *personal* opinion then is that if a 24 year old male tried to date my 16 year old daughter, I'd be sending my RCMP friend over to have a 'chat' with this fellow.

I'd also be explaning to my daughter what is likely going on. Possibly, we'd be spending the summer abroad if I couldn't talk some sense into her.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123