+ Follow This Topic
Page 245 of 405 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 6075

Thread: What Annoyed you today

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    See, that attitude doesn't serve you at all. Going out is fun. Not a great deal of thought is thrown into it. Sometimes I get a bunch of friends together and realize at the last minute how much so-and-so would love to come. If I gave you a call and asked if you wanted to hang out in an hour and you whined about how I never give you advance notice I'd simply never ask you to hang out again. I go out with my buds to relieve stress and escape from the claustrophobia of social politics I'm forced to endure with dating and working. My male friends and I have an unspoken agreement: no passive aggression. If there's anger, it's out in the open, fists are soon to fly. That's fine. But no griping, no bitching, no getting back at each other. None of that shit. Most of all, no getting offended. You can get pissed but you can't get pissy.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I went to bed with a headache, and woke up at 3am with no relief. I need to be up at 4:30, so I got shortchanged on sleep.

Maybe I'll go to IHOP for breakfast before work...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Laid off because the electrical contractor I worked for didn't want to work around my electrical schooling.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Laid off because the electrical contractor I worked for didn't want to work around my electrical schooling.
    Aww Fras, that sucks. I really am sorry about that.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Stress.
    Money issues-my boss screwed up on payroll and our bonus was not on this paycheck, I'll get it this month but not for another 2 weeks now. Hello, brokedom. Hello, ramen noodles.
    Talking money issues out with your signficant other. Big time boner buster.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

people need to start giving half-decent reasons as to why the hell they do things.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Vncenzo - has she ever supported herself independently?
    Yeah, when I first met her, she had a full-time job, an apartment that she shared with a roommate, and a relatively new car that she was making payments on. And she was taking a couple of college classes. Then she had a run of bad luck. Her car was stolen and she owed more than the book value. She had to get surgery on both of her feet, and then repeat surgery on both feet correcting mistakes made in the previous surgeries. Her full-time job became part-time. I supported her heavily during that bad year, and then her family helped out for a couple of years. After her mom injured her back and her stepdad retired, they stopped helping and I took over again when we moved in together. She got back on her feet with a full-time job again, but when she lost that during the bad economy of Fall of 2008, she sank into depression for a while. I pushed her to get her act together, so she went back to college full-time starting in 2009. She isn't a lazy person, but she tends to go to extremes: either she is trying to do too much or doing nothing at all. Usually too much. At one point, she had three part-time jobs, including an unpaid internship, plus she was doing some volunteer work.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    18 credit hours is more than a full-time job, and adding part-time work to that is quite a bit. She's clearly not a deadbeat. She does, however, need to learn that you aren't Mr. Moneybags, there to bail her out when things go south--unless that's how you want her to feel. She should appreciate the fact that you're helping to support her through school, not take advantage of it and give you a hard time over the money you are so graciously providing.
    We're okay. During the year of surgeries, she was very unreasonable about money and I constantly had to push back about the difference between things that she wants and things that she needs. And too often, I gave in just to make her happy. But when I got into a debt management plan (right around the time when credit card companies abruptly doubled their minimum payments in early '05), she finally started to get where I was coming from. Now she actively works with me on our budget. I think that she just lost some perspective yesterday because she is stressed out about school.

Even though she had to write a paper for a class last night, she cooked up a nice dinner for us, and it was a nice evening together. All I had to do was chop up the vegetables and wash the dishes. Like a lot of women that I've known, she doesn't like to cook but is actually pretty good at it.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    18 credit hours is more than a full-time job, and adding part-time work to that is quite a bit. She's clearly not a deadbeat. She does, however, need to learn that you aren't Mr. Moneybags, there to bail her out when things go south--unless that's how you want her to feel. She should appreciate the fact that you're helping to support her through school, not take advantage of it and give you a hard time over the money you are so graciously providing.
    i did an 18 credit hour term and worked full time.

i don't know. call me independent. but i got my degree and took care of my own bills. it was hard. but i would feel like you were my dad if you were taking care of all those things for me.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

People throwing stones at work because they think I can't do my job. But at least my boss is being supportive. That's all that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    who do you consider "regulars"?
    you are definitely one of them

sorry, i'm just ranting cos i was missing the humour, sarcasm and generally entertaining stuff that goes on around here.
    instead, there has been occasions when i wished i had some kind of filter to block out the deluge of posts from a couple of generally annoying people.

rant over. now to sleep.
    Last edited by asdfg789; 10-09-10 at 04:10 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Will someone please rip my arm off? I'm miserable.
    Come here, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Will someone please rip my arm off? I'm miserable.
    you can rip mine off too while you're at it. then donate them and get money. THEN we can post on the 'what you enjoyed today' thread.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

It's funny how whenever I feel bad I always revert to the point of view that I'm the only one floating in that boat. I know this subject has been beaten to death and everyone should know that they are not an island, but try telling that to yourself when you're going through the motions.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Well, we're all human. Occasional frustration and disappointment are a part of life.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~