+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dating your shrink

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    You probably should tell your therapist how feel, but believe me, and not to be rude, you're her patient and she won't go for you. If you have an obsession with her, then you should probably do your hardest to get over it.

Something like this won't go in your favour, and I know it sucks, but I bet that's how it's going to go.

LINEBACKER 2

"First realize that you are in therapy for reason."
    Well. I think I decided to go to therapy because I was attracted to her. Sounds pretty dumb.

I told her I wish we could have more of a relationship, but she just dismisses it, and moves on to another subject.
    I can't tell her that I always think about her because she's just going to tell me to stop doing it, and talk about something else.
    I am your poet in the night.

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    You're right she's going to talk about something else because she's isn't even remotely interested in a relationship.

You're the patient, she's the therapist. That's the relationship you're going to have with her. Nothing more.

LINEBACKER 2

I have to agree with LINEBACKER_2. YOU ARE A PATIENT! That's all. I would find another therapist and work out this obession with her. You can't do that to yourself. It's unhealthy not to mention ILLEGAL!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Jane's right. You're setting yourself up for a defeat, and you're going to hurt yourself even more. It's probably best to back off.

LINEBACKER 2

It's not fair.

Life is not fair or at least no one told me it would be..
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Who said life was fair? Nothing is in life. That, my friend, is a fact of life. And that, my friend, is something you will have to accept.

LINEBACKER 2

Listen to LINEBACKER_2. Part of being in therapy means accepting what can't be changed.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

not to mention if you went to therepy because you were attracted to her, it was boned headed of you.....you became off limits the moment you had your first session with her....best to deal with that.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hey hey.. life IS fair, but that is only the fantasy part of it. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Good GAWD..

Ok mister patient. Let me put this to you clearly.

You are not in love.
    This psychiatrist is not in love with you.

You are a guy with emotional problems suffering from serious emotional problems. People do not put themselves in therapy because they're attracted to a therapist. You went and MET her for a reason OUTSIDE of that. You said yourself you wanted someone to talk to about life etc.

The problem is, you have reverse Florrence Nightingale syndrome. You have never had attention of any extent from the opposite sex, so when you find that this therapist pays attention to you, and listens to your problems, she MUST be in love with you right??

No, no and no. She's PAID to treat you that way, it has NOTHING to do with personal feelings for you. You know why she changes the subject when you bring it up?? Cause if you were in a BAR she'd say GET LOST LOSER!

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read. Get your head out of the sand, and start dating people, people who aren't paid to treat you nicely. Hopefully the pretty therapist can help you find the self esteem to talk to a girl

Harsh, I know, but...
    Just my 2c!
    -Argile

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Well, considering all the responses are the same to this guy, I think this thread is dead.

Sorry dude, but it's time to move on.

LINEBACKER 2

The only reason she talks to me is because it's part of her job description.
    If we had met under ay other circumstance she would be blowing me off.

DING DING...now you get it!
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast